Question about monitoring companies in Beaver County

sammywala

Does anyone have any experience monitoring these two business frequencies in Beaver County, Pennsylvania? One of the companies (Shell) is listed on the Radio Reference database but the other one (Eaton) is not. The businesses are Shell Pennsylvania Chemicals and Eaton Corporation. Eaton is not listed in the Radio Reference database but there is some information on the FCC database.

Shell uses the DMR Tier 3 Capacity Max for their communications. Eaton (callsign KNEF260) information is vague. The emission types given in the FCC database for Eaton are: 4K00F1E, 11K2F3E, and 8K30F1E. What do these translate to are far as the modulation type used for their transmissions. What scanner would work to listen to these transmissions and what programming software would be best? I am new to the digital scanning modes.

I located a vendor that offers a 30-day money back guarantee on a scanner. However, the cost of additional licensing for DMR, NXDN, etc. and programming software are not refundable and are significant.

I would greatly appreciate assistance in this matter. Thanks

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forums!

The emission types given in the FCC database for Eaton are: 4K00F1E, 11K2F3E, and 8K30F1E. What do these translate to
NXDN 4800 (6.25khz), analog & NXDN 9600 (12.5khz) respectively. See emissions designator list here

What scanner would work to listen to these transmissions and what programming software would be best?
The Uniden x36HPs or SDSx00s with the paid NXDN upgrade ($50.00 via my.uniden.com) would be optimal assuming transmissions aren't encrypted (encryption cannot be detemined by examining the license & encrypted transmissions cannot be monitored by any receiver though the good news is not all NXDN is encrypted). I strongly recommend Proscan for programming, though this can also be achieved via Uniden Sentinel

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
As far as I remember, everything on the Shell 900MHz T3 DMR system was encrypted. If cost and capability is your issue, perhaps look into using an RTL SDR dongle and DSD+. You can get into that for under $100 if you already have a laptop or are close enough to listen from your home computer. Eaton is probably just boring mill/warehouse type stuff but I don't ever recall hearing them. I used to live up on the hill from them in Ohioville.

sammywala

Does anyone have any experience monitoring these two business frequencies in Beaver County, Pennsylvania? One of the companies (Shell) is listed on the Radio Reference database but the other one (Eaton) is not. The businesses are Shell Pennsylvania Chemicals and Eaton Corporation. Eaton is not listed in the Radio Reference database but there is some information on the FCC database.

Shell uses the DMR Tier 3 Capacity Max for their communications. Eaton (callsign KNEF260) information is vague. The emission types given in the FCC database for Eaton are: 4K00F1E, 11K2F3E, and 8K30F1E. What do these translate to are far as the modulation type used for their transmissions. What scanner would work to listen to these transmissions and what programming software would be best? I am new to the digital scanning modes.

I located a vendor that offers a 30-day money back guarantee on a scanner. However, the cost of additional licensing for DMR, NXDN, etc. and programming software are not refundable and are significant.

I would greatly appreciate assistance in this matter. Thanks
Thanks for the info.....much appreciated.