• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Question about Motorola Radius CP200

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNA30

Hello, all... I just purchased a Radio "Radius CP200" off of ebay on a "buy it now" Not knowing much about radios (have to replace my work radio that was stolen from my car)I didnt bother checking to see if it was a UHF or VHF nor did it state... On the auction it had a picture of the model number and serial number and so on. Is there a way you can tell by those numbers if its a UHF or a VHF... I sent an email to the seller and seller has yet to contact me..I'm overly anxious and stressed out hoping I bought the right one..And I woul like to know the answer. I just hope I didnt waste my money or hope the seller is understanding of my ignorance..Thank you all

SNA30

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Welcome to the RadioReference forums. We have a variety forums on here to choose from so it's important to post your question or request to the proper forum to get the best answer. At the top of the busy forums are Stickies which guide you where to post your question. I've moved your post from the General Scanning forum to this one as it's most applicable. In GenScan is a sticky (below) that helps with where to post. Please make note. Thanks.

NewUsers.jpg

birdieboy

its either the 5th or 6th place in the S/N, if its a K then it is VHF and if its R its a UHF.

Tom

K5RYA

Band Split Band Power chan Model Number
CP150 Models

146-174 Mhz VHF 1-2w 4 AAH50KCC9AA1
146-174 Mhz VHF 1-2w 16 AAH50KCC9AA2
438-470 Mhz UHF 1-2w 4 AAH50RCC9AA1
438-470 Mhz UHF 1-2w 16 AAH50RCC9AA2
CP200 Models
146-174Mhz VHF 1-5w 4 AAH50KDC9AA1
146-174Mhz VHF 1-5w 16 AAH50KDC9AA2
438-470Mhz UHF 1-4w 4 AAH50RDC9AA1
438-470Mhz UHF 1-4w 16 AAH50RDC9AA2

K5RYA

If it turns out it is not what you need let me know as I am looking at purchasing some CP200's, mainly UHF, but possibly VHF if the price is right. I may be willing to take it off your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.