Question about new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin129

Premium Subscriber
I got my new Uniden BC346XT today and i was doing a quick search and noticed that it went from, for example, 160.0000 to 160.0050. I thought with the narrowband there are supposed to be frequencies in between, like 160.0025. Help!

N8IAA

I got my new Uniden BC346XT today and i was doing a quick search and noticed that it went from, for example, 160.0000 to 160.0050. I thought with the narrowband there are supposed to be frequencies in between, like 160.0025. Help!

Search mode (railroad), or programmed by you frequencies?
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, as of now, narrowbanding only applies to new applications - old apps are allowed to stay at their previous spacing until 2013

Railroads - which is frequently heard in the 160 mhz area - are conventional in nature. Allocate a conventional system, then set up groups for what you want to hear. Don't forget about setting up the quick keys! We have some NJ RR stuff in our database, but whether that applies to South Jersey I have no idea.

Railroads Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You should be able to use the web import to get these frequencies, or use EZ-Grab in FreeScan to pull them in. Both functions are fully defined in the user guide, which you can access by hitting help/online help while you're online, or if you want the URL;

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

You might want to go to either the Railroad or NJ forums and ask for lists in your area. Remember that FreeScan can import UASD or BuTel ARC files. I would also definitely consider purchasing the Phillyscanner guide from Scanner Master - excellent publication.

best regards..Mike

captclint

Mentor
I don't think anyone really answered his question. Here are the default step size used in searches: Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual You will note that 5mhz is used in the 150.8-161.995 Mhz range. If you want it to search for narrow band, you have to change the default step shown under band defaults on thie page: http://marksscanners.com/346XT/346xt.shtml#other . AFAIK, it would be 7.5 for narrowband. You might also want to change the 450-469.9875 and 470-512 to 6.25

Just noticed you have FreeScan. This is done under Scanner, Band plan Editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.