Question About New TGID Added to DB for Washington County (84)

JethrowJohnson

Hi everybody,
I just saw in the database that a new channel was added labeled WASH1WASH (Adult Parole Authority - Washington Unit 1) and I was wondering what exactly that is? I see that it's a Corrections channel, but I'm not sure if they do any field ops or anything since it's a parole authority and not a jail. Because sometimes the Marietta Police will get called to assist a parole officer or something of that nature and if the people using this channel are out in the field and work together with other agencies then I'll program it in my scanner, but if not then I won't bother with it. Thanks. 🙂

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everybody,
I just saw in the database that a new channel was added labeled WASH1WASH (Adult Parole Authority - Washington Unit 1) and I was wondering what exactly that is? I see that it's a Corrections channel, but I'm not sure if they do any field ops or anything since it's a parole authority and not a jail.

Most parole offices around the country are required to do home visits or look for probationers/parolees who have failed to appear. Typically the traffic is light and may not be heard on a regular or daily basis. Most likely this is what that talkgroup is used for.

JethrowJohnson

Most parole offices around the country are required to do home visits or look for probationers/parolees who have failed to appear. Typically the traffic is light and may not be heard on a regular or daily basis. Most likely this is what that talkgroup is used for.
Okay. I'll go ahead and add it to my scan list then. Thank you! 🙂👍

DanKC8PAE

Premium Subscriber
We have a talk group here in Butler County for the Adult Parole Board. I have the talk group in my radio's, It is not active often but I have heard it become active a few times and they were definitely were some interesting communications. I was happy that I had the talk group in the radio and it was scanning for it.