Question about Nextel direct connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Can the Direct Connect be used between a Nextel and a Boost phone? or do the phones have to use the off-network function (short range comms then)

ecps92

Sprint is it's own Network
Nextel is it's own Network
Boost is the Hip-Hop [and other marketing schemes] on Nextels Network

I've D/C'd folks on Boost from my Nextel.
You could not do the Sprint. Unk if thats changed recently tho

Oh ok. I knew they were both owned by Sprint, but I wasn't sure if they were on the same network.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Better double check with Sprint Nextel on that, I had one person from Sprint about a year ago tell me the two will not inter-communicate.

That person was either
a) totally wrong
or
b) misunderstood what you are asking...here are the facts:
1) You can direct connect between Nextel and Boost as long as both phones run off the Iden network (with the PTT button on the side and require sim cards)....
2) You can NOT direct connect between the CDMA versions of Boost to the Iden Versions on Nextel...at least NOT yet....
3) You can NOT direct connect between regular Sprint CDMA phones to Iden Nextel phones...
4) You CAN use Sprints new Q-Chat on select new CDMA Sprint handsets to Direct Connect between those CDMA handsets->Nextel Iden....but that feature is only available on select CDMA Q-Chat capable handsets at this time...
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

bigray246

Sprint/Nextel

FYI my buddy just up-graded his Nextel/Sprint phone and had to change his direct connect #. They are now using your cell phone # as the DC #, no more 175*22*6666 #s. Ray

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
FYI my buddy just up-graded his Nextel/Sprint phone and had to change his direct connect #. They are now using your cell phone # as the DC #, no more 175*22*6666 #s. Ray
You can carry-over your old DC number, you just have to find someone who knows how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.