Question about Northumberland fire frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack08

Does the county ever switch to the fireground channels to converse with units, or are those channels strictly for unit to unit? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide wether I should fill one of my radios with the fireground channels, or if I'll never hear anything on them.

I live in Lebanon and can hear everything on 46.50 just fine, but theres no use in programming the F/G channels if they're only mobile to mobile.

Steveradio

We happen to be up in Knoebels last month and the fire department and EMS Services were called due to a power failure. All operations were told to switch to Fireground 2 46.180 and were using PL103.5 also 46.200 was active with command operations.

Im not up that way often and normally on monitor 46.5 and MED channels when we visit the park.

Hope that helps

Zack08

Hmm, but did County ever transmit on 46.18, or was it just units on scene? If county never gives additional info to units over the fireground channel, then I'll probably never hear any activity and wont need them programmed.

We actually go to Knoebels a couple times a year, but the radio I'm currently programming will never leave my desk, and thus will only pick up signals transmitted from the county towers.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
radiorat47 - Try looking at the FCC database. If there are no base stations (FB) listed on the Tac freqs - then the Dispatch Center probably never (legally) transmits on the Tac Freqs. Peter Sz

Zack08

Yeah, I did that the other day. They are licensed for both mobile and base, with all of the base frequencies at 80 watts ERP. I guess I'll add the F/G channels to the radio for a while and see if I can hear anything. Its a Motorola Maxtrac and 32 channels aren't hard to fill up. ;-)

Thanks,
Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.