Question about P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new scanner in my area. About 6 years ago, I received a Uniden Bearcat scanner from my grandfather. I used it in New York. Then I moved to South Carolina, and it was in a box. I recently came across it and decided to break it out and see what I could find. I have found a couple of channels that come in real well. The ones on the 800 system. Now, to my question. I am trying to input the P25 channels and I keep getting an error message. How do I input these channels? If this is not the correct forum for this question I apologize and please, tell where I should post this. I am looking for North Charleston Police Department, and Summerville frequencies. Any help would be really appreciated.

vinzep491

Unfortunatly you're in a part of the state that has alot of p25 activity going on.

Just about anywhere else, farther off the coast, you'd have a good selection of analog chatter to monitor on the state system.

If you can afford it and get a good deal, I'd go for it. It will be worth it in the end, expecially as more and more agencies transition to digital.

Good luck

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yep, you're out on any Charleston County agency or Charleston County municipality, pretty much.

But on the bright side, you're in on Dorchester County and a good bit of Berkeley County.

That is, until 800MHz rebanding occurs on the Palmetto 800 system, and then you'll be again "in silence." Rebanding is likely to happen later this calendar year.

Best to be saving up for a newer scanner if you're willing to invest in the hobby.

LarrySC

Use the 895 as an aircraft scanner. Loads of regular and military freqs used along the coast. This would include USCG freqs. Good Luck. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.