Question about Plum Branch site

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajoe44

I was wondering if something has changed with the Plum Branch site. Some days I get traffic on my scanner and then I can go days and not hear anything. I use this site to monitor SCHP since I live in Edgefield County. I have a so so signal strength but the scanner is locked in on the control channel.

LarrySC

What % of data off tower 6 and 32. Even though you may be closer to Plum B sometimes signal is blocked by the unknown factor and one of the others maybe could be seen by the scanner. Antenex/Laird makes a 2.5 or 3db gain antenna with a BNC OR the R/S 800 may help. If it's a base scanner MAXRAD makes a 5db gain 800 only. Pending any reply, Larry

shajoe44

I can get cell 6 great, I live about 6miles from North Augusta. Unable to get a lock on 32. I just tried what you suggested on the scanner. Chose my different banks, then when I went back to the bank that has site 13, I started receiving HP again. It's crazy.

LarrySC

On any Pal800 PGM I always use at least 3 towers for any talk group selection. I built one last year for Gvl to Myrtle Bch. Lots of towers and talk groups but it worked perfect. My new PRO-106 is PGM'ed with 21 banks and really could use some more. Thats equal to 80 ten ch xtal scanners. HaHa.

shajoe44

Greenwood HP Dispatch doesn't talk on the site 6 cell tower, that is why I am forced to work off site 13. Site 6 carries the HP units that work Aiken County. I have my hand held programed like you do in my travels up to the Clemson area.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I had to add talk group 7539 to the scanner bank. Once I did that started hearing units again.

Go to the bank you had to add I-D 7539, and change the status bit setting. You currently have it set to pay attention to bit variations, and that will keep you from hearing some SCHP communications. Set it to "ignore" variations.

Check your other Motorola trunking banks, also, for the same. Otherwise, anytime a talkgroup is run in multi-select or patched mode via the dispatch console, you likely won't hear it.

All analog Motorola talkgroups on a 3600-baud system will have a talkgroup I-D ending in an even number, unless a setting is altering the status bit. If you see an I-D ending in an odd number while searching on a system, that should raise a red flag in your mind (unless you've already run across it before, and identified the base I-D).

shajoe44

I have a BC895XLT scanner. How do I change the bit status on this model? I have been searching the internet and have not really found a good explanation as to how to perform this. I do not have any computer control software for this scanner.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.