Question about Pro-97?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9-cop

Will the Pro-97 display the encode and decode tones while you are just randomly scanning? I have a radio that I am programing but can not utalize the local repeaters as I do not know the tones to access them. Hope this questions makes sense......

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Only if it's in CT or DC mode. If the channel is in FM it will not, but if it is set to CT or DC, then yes it will show them. While the code is being displayed if you press Enter it will be stored.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
FM it will not decode any tones such as PL, this would be CSQ.

CT is CTCSS which means it will decode PL unless one is programmed in, then audio will only be allowed to pass when that PL is present and will reject all the other unwanted transmissions (intermod).

k9-cop

OK makes sense. So just to clarify, if you put the scanner in CT mode and you do not actually have the CTCSS tone programmed into the scanner for a specific freq, then the scanner will display the tone access code from the repeater when it is heard?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
k9-cop said:
OK makes sense. So just to clarify, if you put the scanner in CT mode and you do not actually have the CTCSS tone programmed into the scanner for a specific freq, then the scanner will display the tone access code from the repeater when it is heard?
Yes. And same for DPL (Digital Coded Squelch) if you put it in "DC" mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.