Question about programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
This is weird... You sure that app is legit?
Did you check your range? Max is 50 miles for the 436...

Just to recap for those just joining us. Nozz wants to hear the Fire stuff but cant , seems like he hears everything BUT Fire...

We've updated the database...
Made sure the fire services are switched on...
We are told it is not encrypted...
Assuming he has an antenna that can pick it up, since he gets everything else...

A local Nevadian is checking his file...

Anyone else that has an idea? I'm running out!

Hey Joe what do you mean by You sure that app is legit? If you are talking about the Sentinel Program I am 99.99% sure it is Legit. I am a complete loss since a guy less than two miles from me can pick up the same signal I am trying to.

joeuser

The Wretched
Hey Joe what do you mean by You sure that app is legit? If you are talking about the Sentinel Program I am 99.99% sure it is Legit. I am a complete loss since a guy less than two miles from me can pick up the same signal I am trying to.

No I mean the scanner app you are listening to for comparison... I'm grasping at straws since this is so weird but I wondered if it was just recordings or from another area...

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
No I mean the scanner app you are listening to for comparison... I'm grasping at straws since this is so weird but I wondered if it was just recordings or from another area...

I am a 100% sure it is legit it is listed on Broadcastify.com which I think is part of RadioReference and also on PulsePoint which is a service that the City of Las Vegas provides. I get from Pulsepoint real time text message when the city goes out on anything from a simple car accident to a major issue. I am ready to give up and just forget it. But I am working on redoing the programing with another program to see if there is another issue. I an also in the process of taking screen shots of how everything is set up on my scanner software. I use both Sentinel and just started ten minutes ago with Bu-Tel software.

joeuser

The Wretched
I am a 100% sure it is legit it is listed on Broadcastify.com which I think is part of RadioReference and also on PulsePoint which is a service that the City of Las Vegas provides. I get from Pulsepoint real time text message when the city goes out on anything from a simple car accident to a major issue. I am ready to give up and just forget it. But I am working on redoing the programing with another program to see if there is another issue. I an also in the process of taking screen shots of how everything is set up on my scanner software. I use both Sentinel and just started ten minutes ago with Bu-Tel software.
Sentinel can be frustrating at first, but once you play with it - its fantastic. For programming the radio its all you need & doesn't cost 50-100$ either. I'm hoping its the way you programmed it.

So while just listening to your fire list, did you even see the systems you want to hear? How about the range?

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
It looks like we finally found the issue. 737mech sent me a screen shot of his database and I am missing some of the stuff that he has in his and I am working on getting that into my database.

joeuser

The Wretched
It looks like we finally found the issue. 737mech sent me a screen shot of his database and I am missing some of the stuff that he has in his and I am working on getting that into my database.
Yeah you need to add the sites. Sites are the towers that send the radio signal.

This is how I think about it, & someone may differ with my view...

Systems have the talk groups & the sites will broadcast them.

It just a network, at the end of the day...

A lot different than scanning used to be! Bet you wish you could have plugged in the crystal & been done!?

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
Yeah you need to add the sites. Sites are the towers that send the radio signal.

This is how I think about it, & someone may differ with my view...

Systems have the talk groups & the sites will broadcast them.

It just a network, at the end of the day...

A lot different than scanning used to be! Bet you wish you could have plugged in the crystal & been done!?

LOL you are right there Joe. Thanks to 737mech I am right now listening to the daily radio check on city of Las Vegas Fire Department. I just want to take a minute and thank everybody who offered suggestions and hints and help and thank you to all of you for your patience.

joeuser

The Wretched
LOL you are right there Joe. Thanks to 737mech I am right now listening to the daily radio check on city of Las Vegas Fire Department. I just want to take a minute and thank everybody who offered suggestions and hints and help and thank you to all of you for your patience.
Fantastic! Enjoy yourself Nozzleman & thank you 737mech for digging through his file to see what the issue was.

Status
Not open for further replies.