Question about Programming BCD996T With ARC996 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyj77

I have had my scanner for a while now and am looking at making it more "effiecient" . I scan eastern Ontario (OPP Bell Fleet net) I still dont really understand Trunking 100% Yet. That is why I have my scanner prgrammed with the ARC996 software.

I have a couple of questions.
1. When I program my scanner with the software, do I need to program all sites into my scanner or should i just be programmin the sites that are close to me, or can I program sites and put them on quick keys so i can shut them off to make scanning faster?

2. This is the database im using Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 2 Trunking System, Southeast Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies , So is there also a way to put MOH and MOT and OPP etc.. on differnet quick keys etc.. for faster scanning...

3. I guess what im really trying to narrow down here is how do i get the most of of programming my scanner and making the most of it , mainly with the ARC software because I still dont really understand all the sites and how everyting underneith them work in conjucntion.. Maybe my scanner is full of duplicates...

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I have had my scanner for a while now and am looking at making it more "effiecient" . I scan eastern Ontario (OPP Bell Fleet net) I still dont really understand Trunking 100% Yet. That is why I have my scanner prgrammed with the ARC996 software.

I have a couple of questions.
1. When I program my scanner with the software, do I need to program all sites into my scanner or should i just be programmin the sites that are close to me, or can I program sites and put them on quick keys so i can shut them off to make scanning faster?...
I have all the sites in mine since I have it in the car and travel around a lot. No problem with memory space and I have most everything that you can listen to east of Algonquin Park and much more.

So is there also a way to put MOH and MOT and OPP etc.. on differnet quick keys etc.. for faster scanning......
The different agencies should be already separated into groups if you downloaded from RR, not start assiging Group Quick Keys to them as you desire. You can have several groups or just one on each key.

3. I guess what im really trying to narrow down here is how do i get the most of of programming my scanner and making the most of it , mainly with the ARC software because I still dont really understand all the sites and how everyting underneith them work in conjucntion.. Maybe my scanner is full of duplicates...

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Can a mod please move this into the Eastern Canada forum, please and thanks?

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Noticed a typo here "....if you downloaded from RR, not start assiging Group Quick Keys ...."

Should have read "....RR, now start ...."

Status
Not open for further replies.