Question about programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I am using the Sentinel software. I have started getting a message that says I am exceeding 250 groups and therefore cannot add more systems to my favorite list.. I have switched all except the one system I am trying to download to off but it still won't download. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've not heard of that one before - was thinking there is no limit on the number of groups (actually called "Departments") in a System (which is in a Favorites List).

Is there any chance that the Favorites List itself can be larger than 1MB? That's the largest that the scanner will accept.

Its a little cumbersome to determine a Favorites List size. The only way I know is to start Sentinel, then go to Tools and note the Sentinel Folder location. After noting that, you'll have to use Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder, looking for a sub-folder called "FavoritesLists" and open that folder. See if there are any files that exceed 1MB. If so, you may need to do some "whittling" and perhaps making smaller Favorites Lists.

gonefishn1

Maybe you should try breaking out some of those "systems" into a few different favorite lists. That seems like a lot to scan in 1 favorite list.

Status
Not open for further replies.