Question about providing a feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuDoc

Is it a requirement that the channel name is sent that scrolls across the screen on the player?. I have a BC200XLT that's just sitting around collecting dust. I'd like to hook that up to it's own computer and provide a feed for the Monmouth County Sheriff Ops and Dispatch channels. If it requires the name of the channel to scroll on the player then I wont be able to provide the feed.

DigitalMDX

Feed Provider
When you setup your channel on RR you provide a primary and secondary description of what you are broadcasting. The primary description shows up on the player and scrolls across the display.

richtidd

Database Admin
Is it a requirement that the channel name is sent that scrolls across the screen on the player?. I have a BC200XLT that's just sitting around collecting dust. I'd like to hook that up to it's own computer and provide a feed for the Monmouth County Sheriff Ops and Dispatch channels. If it requires the name of the channel to scroll on the player then I wont be able to provide the feed.

The channel name you refer to are called Channel Tags or just Tags for short.

This is text info that scrolls to let the listener know what channel of the feed they are listening to.

Tags can only be done from a scanner that allows the tags to be sent via a data stream with the feed audio. You need the right scanner for this and you need broadcasting software that supports tags.

RR Live Audio does not require tags on the feed. This is an option of the fed provider. We do have a "Tag" icon for those feeds with tags.

Feed providers are supplied with a set up package & our software of choice supports the sending of tags if they choose. If you do not choose to send tags, all you need to do is select "Audio Only" in the software.

Without tags, the listener sees the primary feed description in the player of choice.

We welcome feeds with or without tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.