R6 Question about R6 bank link

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB46

I got my R6 nine days ago, and after studying the entire manual thoroughly, have successfully set up and named memory channels, banks and scan edges. While I'm really enjoying this little radio, I'm puzzled by one thing: I have eight banks, but don't understand how to use "bank link scan". If I use that option, it simply scans all the banks in succession. How does one select particular banks for linking? I don't see the option in the menu, nor can I find an explanation in the manual, which only tells me how to select the scan type.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Go into Set mode, turn knob until you get to B-LINK. Then press MODE. Now you can spin the knob to see the on/off status of all the banks. To flip a bank on or off, hold down the side FUNC and turn the knob. Press SET when you're done.

GB46

Go into Set mode, turn knob until you get to B-LINK. Then press MODE. Now you can spin the knob to see the on/off status of all the banks. To flip a bank on or off, hold down the side FUNC and turn the knob. Press SET when you're done.
Wow, thanks eorange! I guess I didn't RTFM as thoroughly as I thought, or my eyeglasses prescription needs to be updated. I overlooked a parenthetical reference in the Scan Operation section to page 53 in the Set Mode section.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
No problem! I remember going thru the same thing, and then trying to recall that sequence much later.

GB46

No problem! I remember going thru the same thing, and then trying to recall that sequence much later.
After nine days of practice all those operations are now beginning to seem like second nature, but I'll still hold down the wrong button once in a while to access a menu.

What really surprises me is that I can tune this thing almost as fast as I can enter a frequency directly with a numeric keypad. Holding down the function key speeds things up, and combined with the correct tuning step and that dial speed feature it gets really simple. It's easy to forget that using a tuning dial was once the only way to tune a radio.

I've noticed a similarity between the R6 and the Uniden BC75XLT that I was using before it bit the dust: Neither radio can fully display the last digit in a frequency with four decimal places, such as 462.7125 or the like, because the screen isn't wide enough. A new user would think that frequency was not accessible, but it can be tuned in. The last digit is replaced with a tiny 50 (visible only under a magnifying glass) on the R6, and I think it was a tiny X on the BC75XLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.