Question about returns 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Since my question got deleted about being off topic in the returns section ,Im asking it here,What exactly is done to the 536HP if it is returned?Aside from the headphone jack problem getting resolved, what else is done if anything?Thank you.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, this isn't what you asked, there. :)

It will be checked inside (since we'll have the case open to do the rework) and out for any defect or damage. It will be checked for unusual odor or boogers (better not be any boogers). Will be cleaned of any fingerprints or other defect to the finish that can be corrected by cleaning (if it can't be corrected by cleaning to be back to a new appearance, it will be set aside and not used for the program).

Of course, the component will be swapped to the correct component.

The MicroSD card will be swapped with one that has a factory load, to ensure user data is not accidentally shared.

SCPD

QRT
perfect

I am asking if anything else is done to the radio aside from the headphone fix ?Yes or no?
Is anything done to resolve the long squelch tail at the end of transmissions?Yes or no?
This is exactly what I asked and it got deleted.

The booger/odor part I honestly dont appreciate,if you dont like me buying your radios,I wont.
I have had many no issue Unidens,thank god.
The radio isnt a cheap $5 radio,if it was,maybe I wouldnt care.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Re: QUESTION ABOUT RETURNS 536HP

... The booger/odor part I honestly dont appreciate,if you dont like me buying your radios,I wont.
I have had many no issue Unidens,thank god.
The radio isnt a cheap $5 radio,if it was,maybe I wouldnt care.

The booger thing was a joke.

Sent via Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
joke

A joke isnt a radio thats as expensive as this,and receiving an infraction for asking a simple question about the return.Not funny.This person is here for support and should be professional about it,Right or wrong? Jokes are for the tavern as long as we are being so stuffy.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Your question got answered if you bother to read his post.

He does A, B, C, and D period. So anything beyond those processes which he enumerated is not done.

God, now Uniden seems to be responsible for reading comprehension....or lack of it.

SCPD

QRT
ok

So I assume the answer is nothing else is done aside from the headphone fix,nowhere do i see yes or no.
Do you ?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
So I assume the answer is nothing else is done aside from the headphone fix,nowhere do i see yes or no.
Do you ?

You're right there is not a "Yes" or "No"

There is just a list of exactly what Uniden will "Do" to a received scanner once it is in their hands from start to finish which answers your question much better than a yes or no would.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The squelch noise issue, among some other early reported issues (as I've posted elsewhere in the forum), is the subject of an upcoming firmware update. Has nothing at all to do with the headphone jack.

SCPD

QRT
ok!

I went with my gut on this and my gut said dont send it.I am gonna wait for that firmware update

McCroskey

I went with my gut on this and my gut said dont send it.I am gonna wait for that firmware update

Good for you.

I appreciate UPMan's answers and his sense of humor. A tongue in cheek question got a tongue in cheek response.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Other than not allowing us to use a credit card to do a get before send option, I have no problems with the solution offered. There are many bugs being reported, but they are all software related. To date, the headphone jack fix is the only hardware related bug.

Hopefully the squelch tail the OP reported, the disconnecting serial to USB driver issue, and a few others will be promptly remedied when the engineers and programmers are able to get back to it...I imagine between searching out and fixing bugs, and trying to get the siren app out, they have a lot on their plate. I can be patient. Its not like the scanner doesnt work at all.

SCPD

QRT
yeah

Yes, but this is an expensive radio(shouldnt be happening) and I got slammed here for asking a question that was related to sending the radio back,I have received 6 forum demerits for being curious/mad about my scanner.Wasnt the whole purpose of the forum to help people?Only reason I am here is because I didnt get a timely response from Uniden.
AOR on the other hand gets back to you in a matter of minutes.Perfect!A+
I should have just kept my 996XT,it didnt have these issues.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
You always have the option to sell your 536 (should be easy since there are none available anywhere right now), and buy another 996XT and make some profit.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, but this is an expensive radio(shouldnt be happening) and I got slammed here for asking a question that was related to sending the radio back,I have received 6 forum demerits for being curious/mad about my scanner.
You received an infraction for ignoring a moderators request. It was specifically stated in post #4 of the BCD536HP Headphone Campaign Details thread that off-topic posts would be deleted and infractions issued--no warnings. Yet, you proceeded to post questions about other issues, not related to the headphone output, that you are having with your scanner.

At this point, please spare us the drama and sell your 536. It's obvious that you are unhappy with it and aren't prepared to deal with the early-adopter issues that complex electronics products sometimes have. No, I'm not giving Uniden a pass--I think they could have done better and the headphone recall campaign is proof that they are working to improve the product. But, until the Whistler vapor-ware scanners actually hit the market, Uniden is the only game in town. If you can't show some patience with Uniden, bail out now!

McCroskey

QUESTION ABOUT RETURNS 536HP

Yes, but this is an expensive radio(shouldnt be happening) and I got slammed here for asking a question that was related to sending the radio back,I have received 6 forum demerits for being curious/mad about my scanner.Wasnt the whole purpose of the forum to help people?Only reason I am here is because I didnt get a timely response from Uniden.

AOR on the other hand gets back to you in a matter of minutes.Perfect!A+

I should have just kept my 996XT,it didnt have these issues.

Yes, the forum is here to help people and allow discussions, but that hardly means it's here to SERVE you.

Your needs aren't any greater than any of ours, and your opinions aren't any more important. Whining won't improve your position and unless you drastically change the tone of your messages, you won't get much help.

dkf435

I am just curious about all the people that spend the time and money to buy a new radio, take care of it well then get to send it in for this defect repair and get sent a radio that you know no history about that is refurbished.
I still have all the boxes with matching serial numbers for my radios 20 years later and not some generic white box. with a radio tossed in it does not help resale value. And how much does this extended warranty help??? Zero in my book.

This is getting just about as what Yaesu does to early adopters forcing them to be beta testers.

So how peeved is everybody??

David Kb7uns

McCroskey

QUESTION ABOUT RETURNS 536HP

I am just curious about all the people that spend the time and money to buy a new radio, take care of it well then get to send it in for this defect repair and get sent a radio that you know no history about that is refurbished.

I still have all the boxes with matching serial numbers for my radios 20 years later and not some generic white box. with a radio tossed in it does not help resale value. And how much does this extended warranty help??? Zero in my book.

This is getting just about as what Yaesu does to early adopters forcing them to be beta testers.

So how peeved is everybody??

David Kb7uns

Not peeved at all, this is a MINOR inconvenience at best. Stuff like this happens, mistakes were made and Uniden took responsibility, and UPMan clearly stated the replacement you get will be indistinguishable from new.

What else could you want, a biography included with each scanner?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
It would upset me, except with the extended 3 yr warranty, any damage done, like mishanded knobs or rough use of the ports, in the less than 30 days the radio is likely to have been owned, would be covered for a good long length of time. I would prefer they had sent new units out, but it is what it is. I have no control over it, except to decline the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.