Question about Sevier County NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
I didn't realize we were talking 'back in the day' lol, I thought you were up there currently. ORNL is a mess right now. Sorry about your retirement, but thank you for serving out there. Few will ever know how things are in that valley...

... were you driving down from there every shift? I know a guy that drives daily from Cocke. Forget I40 traffic during rush hour, no thanks

andyb970

I drove from Gatlinburg when I was at K-25. I moved to Seymour. It was about an hour. It was worth it for the money. You go from 30,000 a year to 75,000 a year. You go from running 18 runs a shift at Gatlinburg. To running maybe running 1 a week. I am keep up-to-date about what is going on at ORNL. I listen to them on my Uniden. You can hear everything from the plants but the Protective Force and a few others are encrypted. The Fire Dept.'s are open air.

Last edited:

andyb970

They told everyone when they first went over to there're old LTR system back in the early 2010's that they could not page over that. Then they was told the same thing again. Now a lot of the Volunteer guys still use the Motorola Minitor Pagers. I carried one for so long when I stop carrying one I felt out of balance. So That also has a lot to do with it also to keeping the Dispatch Channel Analog. I do not have a high opinion of Land Air System. In my 30 years in the Fire Service I liked Motorola radios do not care for Kenwood's radios very much.

radiocrazy123

No fault on the Kenwood equipment, and all fault on the tech's/engineers that maintain the system and radios. The Kenwood radios work just fine on a good designed system with properly programmed radios. I own both Motorola and Kenwood radios, each for its own intended purpose.
The Kenwood radios can be QC-II paged out on NXDN or Analog. There is no need for the Minitor pagers or the analog channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.