question about stage freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayWolfSA58

today are little town is having there festiable they have a stage,, slaughter is going to be there what freq would the stage be???? like could I hear them sing???

mciupa

Database Admin
Hey man , just buy a ticket , go see the show and support your community. :p
Checked their website , are you in Lapeer , Mississippi ?

But, to answer your question , put your scanner into 450 to 470 search range and see if you hear any comms. I don't think you'll hear the whole show , just a bunch of organizers yelling on the radio over the music though. :lol:

tiawah466

most of the wirless mics are not able to be picked up by a scanner, I work as a stagehand and I have never been able to pic up wireless mics on any scanner I have owned. I dont know about the lower priced mics you may be able to pick them up, but not at any distance. we try to put the recievers as near the mics as possible. the backstage coms are also close range only, they are usually in the UHF range. Lots of shows use radios as backup or their only communication, I have only seen a couple of shows that will set up a repeater.

clbarker

I also am involved with technical theatre. You're question I think is asking if you could hear them singing. As tiawah466 said, you proabaly would have to be so close, that you would be able to hear it anyways. Also, if they are using backstage communications, (unless its actually radios with a good range on them, which is unlikely), you probably wont be able to pick that up anyways. Only the higher priced scanners can pick them up as I've seen. At the place where I usually work, we use these headsets from Telex. http://www.telex.com/Intercoms/products.nsf/pages/btr300!OpenDocument&c=files
They have very poor range. So poor, we can't even use them in our auditorium, only in our small theatre. They operate in the 150-216 mHz range. The reason for using them instead of a traditonal radio is to allow mutilple people to talk at one time. For example, If there was a problem being discussed, and the stage manager needed to call a cue, he could talk over them (hopefully they would then stop talking...), and be like "Hey!, Standby!!". As you can see on the website, you can get pretty advanced with stage communications, including encrypted and higher frequency ranges (518-608, 614-740, 796-868). Hope this helps...haha..probably too much information...

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
You can try putting in the VHF mic frequencies, those will be the only ones you can pick up with a scanner. But I doubt your community is going to use any VHF mics, so, you are probably out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.