Question about "Stationary" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
I'm a new PSR500 user (just got the unit this afternoon). I have a question. We're in a metropolitan area of South Carolina that uses a state-wide Motorola trunking system. One of the towers has its own set of control channels and transmits traffic for one county (and others as well). Another tower within range uses another set of control channels and transmits traffic for the other metro county (and other traffic). I want to be able to listen to traffic from both towers at once. Should I set up my scanner as "stationary" while, of course, entering the control and alternate frequencies for both towers? Or, should I simply leave the setting as "Off"? Thanks for the help and I feel sure they'll be other questions that I can't find the answers for.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Should I set up my scanner as "stationary" while, of course, entering the control and alternate frequencies for both towers?

Yes, set it to Stationary if you want the scanner to cycle through all the programmed control channels.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Depending on the setup you could also create a separate System for each of the sites.

That would allow you to be able to select when you listen to what, but would require you to duplicate the Talk Groups.

Just another thought...

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
Depending on the setup you could also create a separate System for each of the sites.

That would allow you to be able to select when you listen to what, but would require you to duplicate the Talk Groups.

Just another thought...
Would I then put one system on Scan List 1 and the other on Scan List 2?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No, they both could be on SL1. But to answer your original question, as others have stated, STAT does what you want and you don't need two systems entered.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
If I understand you correctly, that's awesome! To clarify, I can put in the control channels for only one of the two towers, as well as the TGRP's from either of the 2 towers and my PSR-500 will pick up TGRP's from the 2nd tower just by "being in range"?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No. You must put CC"s for both towers if you want traffic from both towers.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Would I then put one system on Scan List 1 and the other on Scan List 2?

You would only do this if you wanted to control when you listen to a specific site.

One Scan List could have Both TSYS control channels while another might just have one.

Personally I wish the GRE worked like the Uniden and allowed us to either control at the site level or at least lockout control channels. (But that is another thread).

What rdale says is correct and will work for you as you described.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
Got it all set up. Thanks!! Now have another question that I'm gonna post as a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.