Question about Suffolk Co Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Any new changes to the East and West UHF paging channels? I’m here in the New London CT area and West UHF was coming in super loud and clear yesterday all day which usually doesn’t unless I am standing on the beach. Wonder if they are transmitting at a higher power or what?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Prob picking up the West Site off Stony Brook Hospital. Clear shot across the Sound. I believe there's also a site on a water tower in Rocky Point. Power levels haven't changed from what I heard.

Also, some days are better than others for reception. Sometimes moving a step to the right or left will make the difference of hearing it vs nothing at all.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately didn’t hear anything today was pretty cool to hear when it did come in. I’ll keep it in the scan list and see if it comes up again.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to resurrect an old feed but can anyone from the island confirm if the 2 firecom East UHF freq’s are active (463.18750 and 453.8750) I’m right across the sound and hear southold dispatching division 8 and EHampton dispatching division 9 units daily no problem (most time only hearing dispatch side but that’s expected) but I’ve never heard anything from these 2 FC East channels jw if their active and if it’s worth having in my radio.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Suffolk will be using 463.1875 for paging east. The PL is supposed to be 94.8, but I can't confirm that yet. They're testing it right now. East Depts still toned out on 46.46

Suffolk had to ditch 453.875 because of too much interference from Nassau Firecom who uses it as an activation freq.

Suffolk paging West has been active for a while now. 462.9875 PL 94.8
8th Div (Southold Town Police Dispatch 8-0-0) simulcasts activations over 46.46 and a UHF paging channel (Freq listed on this site)
9th Div (East Hampton Village Dispatch 9-1-0) activates FD's/Ems on UHF only (Freq listed on this site)

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
So if I can hear 9-1-0 and 8-0-0 (legit just heard pager tests from both as I write this haha) I should in theory be able to hear 463.1875 firecom East right ? I’m only a few miles from the beach in the waterford / new London CT area. I’m jw so I can clear out un used freq’s

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
So if I can hear 9-1-0 and 8-0-0 (legit just heard pager tests from both as I write this haha) I should in theory be able to hear 463.1875 firecom East right ? I’m only a few miles from the beach in the waterford / new London CT area. I’m jw so I can clear out un used freq’s

Based on how this system is being set up with multiple transmitter sites I don’t think you’ll have any problem receiving FRES E once it’s fully operational. But only time will tell as a few east end sites are still being constructed.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Shouldn't be an issue hearing FRES. They'll have multiple simulcasting transmitter sites throughout the east end, I believe some on the north fork. So it shouldn't be an issue hearing.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Me again resurrecting an old feed but I’m actually hearing quite a bit of traffic on the west UHF alerting frequency right now in the new London CT area can confirm it is firecom from the elaborate tones and station alerting and they are calling themselves firecom(duh) was wondering if anyone had any info on weather they are just giving this a trial run or if it’s full time now?

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
The Fres UHF Paging West channel has been active for sometime and is in use. We are still waiting to see when the Fres UHF East paging channel will become active.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
The Fres UHF Paging West channel has been active for sometime and is in use. We are still waiting to see when the Fres UHF East paging channel will become active.
That was my understanding I’ve just never heard it so loud n clear as I do now in my area just listening with my anytone hand held and a Nagoya 701C antenna. Did they add any towers down closer to my area because looking at the FCC info seems the closest tower to me as the crow flys is about 55 miles away , they must be pushing out some serious power.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Wonder how that’s going to work when they activate the East site because the frequency is very close to valley shore dispatch in Lyme CT. I have actually mistaken VS for the East site a few months ago when I was listening to see if it was online. I have since applied the PL.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That was my understanding I’ve just never heard it so loud n clear as I do now in my area just listening with my anytone hand held and a Nagoya 701C antenna. Did they add any towers down closer to my area because looking at the FCC info seems the closest tower to me as the crow flys is about 55 miles away , they must be pushing out some serious power.

Where in CT are you?

ct.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.