Question about Tag: NN.NNN.NNN Number Tag Info for a Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra7850

Can someone elaborate on this? On the 536, when you use the function this information is supposed to be display. On the 436 it is supposed to be displayed when you hold on a frequency. I have the favorite, system, department assigned for 98% of the favorite lists in the scanner. However, I don't have the number tags set for hardly any at all. Is it not being displayed because of the number tags not being set? I used the easier to read manual for the above information as I don't recall seeing it in the Uniden scanner manuals.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Number tags are like addresses for channels. They allow you to rapidly jump to a certain channel.

It would be better to express this as FF.SSS.CCC

FF is the Number Tag for the Favorites List. It is like a city/state in a postal address.

SSS is the Number Tag for the System. It is like a street name in a postal address.

CCC is the Number Tag for the Channel. It is like the house number in a postal address.

All three components are necessary in order to deliver something to the correct location. The specific sequence is:
  • Channel (to stop scanning and prepare for accepting a Number Tag
  • FF.SSS.CCC (to select the specific channel)
  • Channel (to complete the "jump" process)
As far as I know, the Number Tag only shows up as you key it in. The numbers that are displayed in the upper left corner are Quick Keys (Favorites, Systems, etc.) Quick Keys are a different concept from Number Tags. Quick Keys are to turn on/off something where Number Tags are used to get to something, even if it is otherwise turned off. For example I can jump to a given channel via Number Tags even though the applicable Favorites List Quick Key may be toggled off.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can someone elaborate on this? On the 536, when you use the function this information is supposed to be display. On the 436 it is supposed to be displayed when you hold on a frequency. I have the favorite, system, department assigned for 98% of the favorite lists in the scanner. However, I don't have the number tags set for hardly any at all. Is it not being displayed because of the number tags not being set? I used the easier to read manual for the above information as I don't recall seeing it in the Uniden scanner manuals.

Thanks,
Robert
See if this article from the Wiki helps:

ra7850

Thanks for the information. I'm familiar with what they are , I guess I was under the impression that when you held on a favorite, system, department frequency that the display would show that information in that are of the display.

Robert

Number tags are like addresses for channels. They allow you to rapidly jump to a certain channel.

It would be better to express this as FF.SSS.CCC

FF is the Number Tag for the Favorites List. It is like a city/state in a postal address.

SSS is the Number Tag for the System. It is like a street name in a postal address.

CCC is the Number Tag for the Channel. It is like the house number in a postal address.

All three components are necessary in order to deliver something to the correct location. The specific sequence is:
  • Channel (to stop scanning and prepare for accepting a Number Tag
  • FF.SSS.CCC (to select the specific channel)
  • Channel (to complete the "jump" process)
As far as I know, the Number Tag only shows up as you key it in. The numbers that are displayed in the upper left corner are Quick Keys (Favorites, Systems, etc.) Quick Keys are a different concept from Number Tags. Quick Keys are to turn on/off something where Number Tags are used to get to something, even if it is otherwise turned off. For example I can jump to a given channel via Number Tags even though the applicable Favorites List Quick Key may be toggled off.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Quick Keys are displayed (F0: S0: lines) but Number Tags are not 'cause they are different creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.