Question about the American IC-R6 frequency range

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutz

Premium Subscriber
I have been doing research on potential scanners to buy and I am interested in the IC-R6. I know it does not cover digital or trunking.

From some of my research I found a past post on the frequency range in particular the 800 MHZ. It was stated that the 800 MHZ is blocked and not just the cellular channels. I downloaded the manual tonight and got the following specs 0.100–821.995, 851.000–866.995, 896.000–1309.995

Besides missing the cellular channels (which I am not worried about) what else would I be missing from these ranges that are blocked 821.995 to 851.000 & 866.995 to 896.000?

Should I buy the UK version?

Thanks for any info

N8IAA

What is it that you think possible to monitor in the missing frequencies? Analog cellphones, not. Missing public service channels?
Larry

clutz

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea or thoughts on what I could be missing in that range that's why I asked the question. I am new to all of this.

I found a few past posts on this forum about forum members stating that they bought the UK version because of the frequency range limitation of the US version I mentioned.

Thanks

N8IAA

OK. Some buy the UK version just because they think something will be missed:wink: Icom makes a really good compact communications receiver in the R6. I think that you will enjoy the radio.
Larry

clutz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information.

I am going to get the US version, the price is better and it will be less of a hassle. I am sure being new to scanning I will not notice any difference between the 2 versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.