Question about "The Condor" antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvieira

Hello,

I recently got an Austin Condor Antenna from an ebay purchase with my RadioShack pro-164. The Antenna was listed as new, but I've noticed something a little strange with it. Seems that when the Antenna is connected to my scanner and the scanner is standing up on it's own the signal is not very strong, but if I then take the radio in hand which tilts the radio forward or backwards the signal gets much stronger. I've played with just slightly bending the antenna back with the radio still standing and that also seems to improve the signal.

I was wondering if this is normal for this type of antenna or does it sound like there is something wrong with it? I have 7 days from getting my items to notify the seller that something is wrong. So just trying to find out about it. The scanner itself is fine as I picked up one of the radioshack's Model: 20-006 and that one works just fine tilted or standing up.

Thanks
Ken V

Jim41

Sounds like an intermittent open circuit in the antenna. My Condor works very well when standing straight up.

Jim41

byndhlptom

Condor ant

... or a loose / worn center contact on the radios BNC connector. The little fingers can get "bent out" enough to cause a poor connection. Or a poor solder connection internal to the radio on the BNC.

my $.02

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.