Question about the DMPD dispatch frequency

ThatisMyName

Premium Subscriber
I have my uniden programmed and added more channel recently but when I test things, it seems like I might be missing something. On broadcastify for DMPD dispatch, is the digital channel the same that is posted on talk group? For some reason I wanted to check to see if I got it right but I am getting everything but the channel on broadcastify. Besides what is listed on the talk group, does anyone have the broadcastify digital channels?

thatoneiowan

might need to double check your service types, I would think law dispatch would be already turned on, if you did the programming manually on the scanner you may need to turn on the custom 1 service type (if you didn't set one when programming). not familiar with what is being sent on broadcastify but guessing it is just the primary dispatch talk group.

dmpd went digital a few yrs ago and their ops are on isics system. so whatever is in the database for them on isics is what you will want programed in

ThatisMyName

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure I follow your question, why don't you give us an example of what channels you recently added?
Sorry if it was framed weird. Woke up and posted. Never wake and post.

So I have my uniden set like this with ARC (see attached). On broadcastify for Des Moines says
"Feed will provide a live feed of the Des Moines UHF Conventional system with the following freqs:

460.02500 DMPD F-1 Police - Dispatch

Update 2/2020:
DMPD will be moving to the statewide ISICS P25 system in the near future, this feed will be replaced when that system comes online."

Is there a digital channel for this or am I missing something? I am still learning to put this altogether.

Attachments

• channels.PNG
    channels.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 12

thatoneiowan

ignore my earlier comment about service types, believe that was introduced after the 325p2/996p2. talkgroups look good (your alpha tags are a bit atypical but they're yours so whatever works for you). double check your frequencies are good, not familar with arc software, this is what it looks like in proscan. if you are getting other traffic on isics then you can rule that out as a problem.

you might also be having issues with simulcast distortion (wiki link above). essentially the scanner gets overwhelmed by different towers transmitting the same thing with a split second time difference. lots of posts on the forums about that too if you want to read up on it.

someone more familiar with arc software might be able to chime in here to help bridge the gaps

1725499366194.png

ThatisMyName

Premium Subscriber

ignore my earlier comment about service types, believe that was introduced after the 325p2/996p2. talkgroups look good (your alpha tags are a bit atypical but they're yours so whatever works for you). double check your frequencies are good, not familar with arc software, this is what it looks like in proscan. if you are getting other traffic on isics then you can rule that out as a problem.

you might also be having issues with simulcast distortion (wiki link above). essentially the scanner gets overwhelmed by different towers transmitting the same thing with a split second time difference. lots of posts on the forums about that too if you want to read up on it.

someone more familiar with arc software might be able to chime in here to help bridge the gaps

Most of the stuff are coming through. I am thinking I have it set straight. The one question is, is it delayed on the broadcastify than on a scanner? If there is a delay, it might be why I think I am missing something.

baker50021

I have about a 19 second delay between my scanner and broadcastify, also the motorola P25 systems only need the control channel freqs: 854.1375, 856.5875, 859.9625

As previously stated read up on simulcast distortion...

ThatisMyName

Premium Subscriber
I completely forgot to follow up on this. I figured out I had the dumb and it was a delay between live and what broadcastify had.