Question about the new SAC PD/SO radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPD67

I programmed the new freqs and talk groups for Sac S/O, Cit Hts PD, Elk Grove PD, Rancho Cordova PD, etc.

I get the S/O and CHPD and FOLSOM PD loud and clear, but still haven't heard a thing from EGPD. Anyone notice that? Or is EGPD not online yet?

Also, can SAC PD and the S/O be in the same "bank" on a scanner or do they have to be separate like before? Since there is Site 1 for City and 2 for County.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thx,
LPD67

Sac916

LPD67 said:
I get the S/O and CHPD and FOLSOM PD loud and clear, but still haven't heard a thing from EGPD. Anyone notice that? Or is EGPD not online yet?

EGPD is not online. They are still under contract by SSD. The tentative start date for EGPD comm center is ( was ) August 28th. BUT. Got word last night that EGPD comm center will not start Aug 28th. I'm trying to confirm some details ( facts ) but my educated guess at this moment is that EGPD is simply not ready to handle dispatch duties. Why or how, I can only provide educated guesses. More details to come.

EGPD, for the last few weeks has been testing and training on their channels. They have been doing a lot of CAD/MDT/Dispatcher training the last couple weeks, mostly in the afternoon periods. EGPD does have some functionality on their own, such as their records division. Their dispatch center does NOT handle 911, emergency or non-emergency or radio traffic at this time. All of that is handled by SSD. However, you will hear some "real" patrol traffic on the EGPD channels. Mostly car-to-car stuff.

LPD67 said:
Also, can SAC PD and the S/O be in the same "bank" on a scanner or do they have to be separate like before? Since there is Site 1 for City and 2 for County.

This has been discussed on this thread a couple times.

http://radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35476

The answer is.. YES and NO

To keep it simple. SSD is based off site 002 and SPD is based off site 001

but

If for example, a SSD unit goes downtown ( in the city ) , keys up their portable radio outside the Main Jail, their transmission ( talk group ) will be broadcasted on both site 001 and site 002 because the Talk Group is affiliated with both sites. If an SPD unit travels way out to Folsom for a report, keys up their radio, their transmission and talk group will show up on site 002 since they're deep in the county.

Also, I have noticed that it looks like EGPD is based off site 001. I hear 99% of their traffic on site 001.

servo_fan

antfreq said:
Also, I have noticed that it looks like EGPD is based off site 001. I hear 99% of their traffic on site 001.
I noticed the same thing, which seems really strange to me because when they are on SSD 4 or 5 they come up on site 2 most of the time. Also, if we're going with the site 1=city and site 2=county thing, more parts of EG are closer to the county than to Sac city.

Also, I hear CHPD on site 1 an awful lot too.

Sac916

antfreq said:
EGPD is not online. They are still under contract by SSD. The tentative start date for EGPD comm center is ( was ) August 28th. BUT. Got word last night that EGPD comm center will not start Aug 28th. I'm trying to confirm some details ( facts ) but my educated guess at this moment is that EGPD is simply not ready to handle dispatch duties. Why or how, I can only provide educated guesses. More details to come.

The word this afternoon......

status quo - EGPD hits the street 6am Aug 28th in new squad cars, dispatched by their own Comm Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.