Question about Unit Identification Numbers For DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlowery4

Feed Provider
I have a question regarding Unit ID numbers. Here in Hamilton I have always heard the state troopers beeing addressed with an A then number on the radio such as A-242 but for the past couple of days I am hearing a new ID it is HP plus number such as HP-35. At the post in Quad Cities they are still calling the A + number. Anyone have any idea what this is. Just a note they are using the A Prefixes too.

Last edited:

Randmaster

The Family Geek
That was what I was thinking. I didn't know if they were the usual "Highway Patrol" Crown Vics or the Trucks.

I usually see one of those trucks around Tuscaloosa.

medic9351301

Banned
dps unit numbers

Highway Patrol Supervisors out of HQ are HP--- You will also hear units assigned to Interstate Intradiction/Felony Awarness Patrols with HP call signs.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Highway Patrol Supervisors out of HQ are HP--- You will also hear units assigned to Interstate Intradiction/Felony Awarness Patrols with HP call signs.

All HP units are either out of HQ Montgomery or are Interstate Intradiction/Felony Awarness Patrol troopers not assigned to a Troop/Post. Troop/Post supervisors have the troop letter plus one or two numbers as callsigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.