Question about VCFD freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
For a while now I have been listening to outgoing calls from dispatch on freq 155.055 but I could never find what freq will allow me to listen in on responding units. I was wondering if anyone has any frequencies that are avaliable for such thing

SCPD

QRT
Yes but I'm not sure if it's what I am looking for unless I am using it wrong. If it will help you help me more, for example, if a call goes out for medical in Thousand Oaks and responding units are med 482 and engine 31, how would I be able to listen in on those units?

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Command 5 & Command 8, listed under "Fire". Whenever ventura makes a dispatch, they will say the response channel on the radio as well. Command 5 is West, Command 8 is East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
No problem. Command 2 is where you'll listen to brush fires, should one occur. And as for Sheriff, listen to the East channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Dispatches are done on channel 1.

When a unit becomes available, if updating status verbally, that is also on channel 1.

Once a unit is assigned to a call, they immediately switch all traffic to command channel (Channel 2 for brush fire, Channel 5 for calls in Camarillo, South Coast, Ventura, Fillmore, Santa Paula, Ojai, Channel 8 for Simi, Moorpark, and Thousand Oaks).

For on scene tactical channels, Units on Command 5 will switch to Tac 6, Units on Command 8 will switch to Tac 9, and Units on Channel 2 will switch to an assigned tac.

For most medical calls, there is very little Command channel traffic... as updates are sent via mobile data computer (MDC).

uman18

Command 5 is also used for responses in Oxnard.

VNC dispatches all ambulances in the county. Ambulances respond on command 16 (Oxnard Fire dispatch) when calls for service are in Oxnard City.

Command 14 is Oxnard City Fire command(structure fire response etc).

Sometimes there is multiple incidents going on at the same time on one command channel and a different command channel is requested.

Its good to have all the command channels and tac channels programed so you don't miss anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.