Question about Wide coverage feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
My feed is a Wide Area feed covering multiple agencies and services. A local feed for Hunt Co. Fire is a Dedicated feed with little to no listener-ship. I don't want to take his stuff over but I'd like to add some of what he's providing also.

His or Her feed is Hunt Co. Texas Fire & EMS. there appears to be no Law Enforcement on his feed so I'd guess I could add the LE end with Hunt SO, Greenville PD and Commerce PD. And since I'm wide area feed, I's like to add in Hunt Co. Fire. This also is a request made to me by Several Hunt Co. Fire Chiefs A couple Troopers and a few Police Chiefs who like this concept in scanning over IP

So, Can I add Hunt Co. Law and Fire officially to my feed as it is a wide coverage feed (And I already stream both Hunt SO and GVPD) anyways I'd just add the fire coverage to the feed.

Here next week I am buying a Dual Stereo Input sound card and will be splitting Police & Fire up. Law will become its own feed and fire/medical its own also which would cut down traffic and allow better listening to the Listener.

When I put in the request on the new feed. Will I also need to run another version of Scanner cast as both feeds will be independent of each other. are there any tricks there when doing this?

Thanks

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
When I put in the request on the new feed. Will I also need to run another version of Scanner cast as both feeds will be independent of each other. are there any tricks there when doing this?
To provide two feeds using separate sound cards you'll definitely need to run a second copy of ScannerCast.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for speaking up Gordon, since no one else has. OK, do I install both Scanner Cast applications to the Desk top and rename one of them? How is this done exactly?

By the way - I REALLY love BBScanner but it would be Much Better if AT&T got their heads out of their @$$es and upgraded their 3G coverage.

Thanks

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Thanks for speaking up Gordon, since no one else has. OK, do I install both Scanner Cast applications to the Desk top and rename one of them? How is this done exactly?
You'll install a second copy of ScannerCast into a different directory than the copy you're currently using and then create a separate icon on your desktop that points to it. Each copy must be installed into a different directory so that each one can maintain their own settings.

By the way - I REALLY love BBScanner but it would be Much Better if AT&T got their heads out of their @$$es and upgraded their 3G coverage.
Thanks!

PeterGV

K1PGV
You'll install a second copy of ScannerCast into a different directory than the copy you're currently using and then create a separate icon on your desktop that points to it.

You CAN do that, and it works great.

Another alternative (that uses both less disk space and less system memory... but is slightly more complicated to set up) is to just specify different .INI files and different logs files for multiple copies of ScannerCast run from the same directory. See the section labelled Multiple ScannerCast instances per system on the ScannerCast configuration page on my web site for a brief description on how to do this.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
No offense Peter, but I will go with Gordon's Idea as I am NOT savvy when it comes to re-naming files, I promise I'll screw it up.

Thanks both for the help - the new card is in the case just working on the dynamics of the feed (organizing, programing ect). Should go to a dual feed in a week or two.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Max, I have 4 of my feeds running on the same computer. For each download of ScannerCast, I created a new file folder within my program files labeled ScannerCast1, 2, etc. I then created shortcuts on my desktop for ScannerCast that match the file folders. Everything works well. I find that keeping things organized along the way has helped me to better manage my feeds.

SCPD

QRT
hv, Exactly what I did. Thanks for that Info. I was wondering how I was going to do that.

Kendrik, Slap me down for Hunt Co. Texas (All PS) When you get a chance.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Max, glad it worked. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.