Question: BCD436HP Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Hello Just a quick question. I programmed in the Rockland County Public Safety System, a P25 Phase 2 System. It loads as P25 Standard in both the Database and in Discovery. There is no way to change this to P25 X2 TDMA which is what I think the system is. I have heard nothing. Could it be that this is the problem? I am also 20 miles north of one of the sites and am wondering if that is the problem. I will be travelling down to the systems area next week and will try it there, but until then....
Mike
W2MDM

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe there is a setting for Phase II. I have Rockland in my 536 and it decoded with no problem. All talk groups are TDMA. Hope that helps!

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Hello Just a quick question. I programmed in the Rockland County Public Safety System, a P25 Phase 2 System. It loads as P25 Standard in both the Database and in Discovery. There is no way to change this to P25 X2 TDMA which is what I think the system is. I have heard nothing. Could it be that this is the problem? I am also 20 miles north of one of the sites and am wondering if that is the problem. I will be travelling down to the systems area next week and will try it there, but until then....
Mike
W2MDM

You have probably considered all of this, but in case:

Since N2MWE is able to decode it the radio is capable, if not broken, programmed wrong or out of range.

The trip should eliminate the distance you are from the Site as a possibility for not receiving it.

Are you getting the "Control Channel" but no audio OR are you are not getting anything from that Site?

If on your trip you still don't cannot pick up the Site you might see if N2MWE could send you an hpe file for the Site and see if your programming has a glitch some place.

If the above fails to resolve the issue you might wait for the recall for the Headphone Issue and see if you can get the scanner fixed for this other issue too.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks N0UDG!
It was my location, after all! Driving down to the county where the system is resulted in perfect reception with the radio as is. But there are 2 bright spots. I bought the Radio Shack 800 rubber duck antenna because of all the good reviews it had. With it I found 2 spots in the house where I can received the signal.
I appreciate you response!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.