Question but not sure where I should post

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinlp

I have a question about my new uniden BCD536HP scanner and looking for local 700mhz trunking frequencies, where does this belong at?

justinlp

That's where the ones are listed but my city and county just got the new system and nobody has got it listed so I'm needing to know how i can scan for it and store everything i need using my scanner. I heard it earlier it had a ID of 50001 and then it went off.

captclint

Mentor
That's where the ones are listed but my city and county just got the new system and nobody has got it listed
It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods
Once we know that, you/we can search the FCC new license database. It may even have a thread already on your state forum. Please indicate if you think this is a State, County or City 700Mhz system.

Last edited:

justinlp

Here are some details I can give you.

State is Mississippi
County is Alcorn
City is Corinth

Looking for Alcorn County Sheriff and Corinth Police

Closet sites are Farmington and Pine Mountain

TGID 50000, 50001, 50006 (Gathered from a local tech)

I can pick up some talk on the 50001 but not all the time.

I hope some of that was to any help.

captclint

Mentor
Here are some details I can give you.

State is Mississippi
County is Alcorn
City is Corinth

Looking for Alcorn County Sheriff and Corinth Police
Closet sites are Farmington and Pine Mountain
TGID 50000, 50001, 50006 (Gathered from a local tech)
I can pick up some talk on the 50001 but not all the time.
Now I am unclear about what you want. If you are seeing TGID's like 50001, you must have the correct (MSWIN) Trunking System, (I am assuming this is the system) sites programmed. Since, the BCD536HP would have downloaded all the sites listed, (including both Alcorn sites), my guess is that you really want to know what TGID's are for your City and County. The only way is to pay attention to which TGID's seem to relate to your area, and also wait until others have entered some in the DB. it looks like Alcorn are sites 41 & 42, but you may be looking for others. The sheriff would likely use these Alcorn sites, as would Corinth police, so you just need the TGID's for them Hopefully, users close to you will help, or you can post a question there:where it talks about Alcorn coming online. http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...m/280854-official-mswin-tgid-2014-thread.html

As for not receiving sites reliably all the time, that is a function of your location and antenna. What do you have for antenna, and how high off the ground is it? 700Mhz can be harder to get than your old VHF. . The other consideration is your zipcode, which would determine what sites you will receive. You may have to extend the radius to get other sites,. Don't have a 536, so can't help more.

Since trunking may be new to you, this should help: Trunking_Basics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.