Question concerning Dallas, Georgia PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

I am assuming, (understanding how dangerous this is) but could Dallas, PD be using the Tango Tango system? Any thoughts are possibilities?

Jacob

tvengr, I have a Uniden 436. Unless something has changed since I h was up in Paulding a few months ago visiting my Son, daughter in law and scouting out the area to make a possible move. It has been noted that people have not picked up Dallas PD on Paulding Co, Ga Truck system. I have read where a lot of departments are now using the Tango Tango system. If you ask me that is putting too much dependability on a cellular system.

Reactions: RRR

N8IAA

I understand your concern Jacob. A phone app to connect to FD, PD, and others. Seems a leap of faith for that city.

But, that's the way things are going in communications throughout the USA. AT&T has FirstNet. Many states, counties, and cities are opting for that service.

Radios work when cell systems fail..........

DarkEnder47

Me and a few others attempted to the best of our ability to locate a correct frequency for Dallas PD, no luck. I know Paulding Co 911 transfers all DPD calls to DPD's own dispatch center, so Dallas is separate all together. In my opinion it is strange that Dallas could be on an entire separate system all together, and the little town is not consolidated with County Dispatch, but I'm also surprised that Paulding hasn't switched to a P25 system by now. The last thing I think we could do is contact the City.

Casey

Me and a few others attempted to the best of our ability to locate a correct frequency for Dallas PD, no luck. I know Paulding Co 911 transfers all DPD calls to DPD's own dispatch center, so Dallas is separate all together. In my opinion it is strange that Dallas could be on an entire separate system all together, and the little town is not consolidated with County Dispatch, but I'm also surprised that Paulding hasn't switched to a P25 system by now. The last thing I think we could do is contact the City.
The mystery of Dallas PD comes up in this forum frequently, now in a second thread apparently. Here in my neck of the woods PD all hang out at a designated QT or Racetrack gas station...if you don't want to ask one of them you should be able to see and possibly hear what they have on their belt and speaker/mic (usually with a brand name) when you go in and get a giant soda or whatnot. Dallas is a decent sized department and you can bet they aren't using cell phones with PTT solution apps for daily primary comms...Firstnet public-safety radios are a possibility though from a variety of vendors now.

Jacob

I was on Facebook last night and searched Dallas, Ga Police Department and found their FB page and within one of the departments post it show that they are now using FirstNet for their communications.

book

Status
Not open for further replies.