Question for anyone monitoring Cumberland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

For the past few days, I have been getting a constant static on their new narrow band frequency (453.1750 MHz). By that I mean no transmissions...just a constant static sound. It clears when I get away from the Harrisburg area closer to home in Perry County. Is anyone else experiencing this?

W3DMV

Signal copyable here in Gettysburg. Sounds like a dead carrier. Can not
tell if someone is testing, or it is a malfunction. It is transmitting
tone 131.8 (Cumberland Co.) I have not heard any audio on the signal
in the past two hours....

dmg1969

Good to know. I didn't think it was anything with my scanner, but wanted to confirm that. I may send an e-mail to someone at the county EMA I have contacted with questions before and ask.

dmg1969

From my contact at the county:

"The open transmitters that you are hearing is part of the coverage verification testing that we are currently conducting. The testing will continue the rest of this week. The verification is to determine the installed design matches or exceeds the original project propagation studies. Following our analysis and acceptance of the testing results, a final transition date to the new paging system will be provided to our EMS agencies."

ocguard

Is there any word if Cumberland County will transition ALL tone and voice dispatching? Or will this new NFM frequency replace EMS only? I'm impressed that the county plans to continue maintenance of tone/voice paging, as most of it's suburban neighbors have or plan to fully transition to alphanumeric paging.

dmg1969

The frequency experiencing the open transmitter is the new narrow band compliant frequency for EMS dispatch only. It will eventually replace what we have heard on 462.975 for many years. This is patched to their Open Sky system. They still utilize the low band Fire dispatch frequency as well...46.06. That is also patched to the Open Sky system. I don't know anything about the paging aspect of their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.