Question for anyone that can help me out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
This licensee utilizes common itinerant frequencies. If you're within a few miles of a construction site I'd try plugging in the fixed-base frequencies (Class FB2I) to listen for activity. I know I've heard crane operators by me utilizing 464.550 (might have been Eckman since they worked on the 422 expansion by Trooper exit) but I don't recall the tone. In a city like Allentown there may be several users who utilize these itinerant frequencies at various power output levels and tones so you really need to listen in to determine if any are from a construction site. You'll usually hear repeat phrases like "Cable down, cable down" from crane operators, lots of background noise from heavy equipment, etc. Be sure to report your findings

Last edited:

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I work in heavy highway construction, mostly in Philadelphia. The company I work is the one replacing I-95 between Girard and Allegheny. I know of Eckman but don't know if they use a company radio for the work. I know for my company we use CB radios, we use a lot of private trucks on our jobs in addition to company trucks, and the only way all of us can communicate is via the CB.

JimBobTerp

I know I’ve seen antennas on their vehicles but I just didn’t know if they were CB radios or not but I’ll check everything

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I work in heavy highway construction, mostly in Philadelphia. The company I work is the one replacing I-95 between Girard and Allegheny. I know of Eckman but don't know if they use a company radio for the work. I know for my company we use CB radios, we use a lot of private trucks on our jobs in addition to company trucks, and the only way all of us can communicate is via the CB.
Hello soberbyker... our paths have not crossed too often recently but I do remember talking with you on and off a few years ago about Philly frequencies.

That's a great idea for your company... you can use Channel 19 like a hailing frequency and then move to whatever working channel you're using, I didn't think any construction companies were using CB, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.