Question for Canadian amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3TFC

Hello all. I am a licensed Canadian amateur operator and need to update my address with what used to be Industry Canada. I need to create an online account with them before I can do so and the form is asking me for an 11 digit "amateur number" which I have no idea what that is. I just want to update my address with them. Does any Canadian amateur operator here know how I can find this 11 digit number? Is there a form I can simply mail to them with my call sign? Any help would be appreciated!

VA3TFC

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
if you can't find yours., I believe a wallet sized card when you got your licence., contact the help desk---you can find the toll free number under amateur radio at the industry Canada website(this is the old name)., now science,inovationetc.
Good luck
Jerry VE3EXT

VA3TFC

if you can't find yours., I believe a wallet sized card when you got your licence., contact the help desk---you can find the toll free number under amateur radio at the industry Canada website(this is the old name)., now science,inovationetc.
Good luck
Jerry VE3EXT

Thanks for the response! I kind of thought it was on that card but wasn't sure. I think I have it packed away somewhere. I have moved a couple of times since the last time I updated my address with them 3-4 years ago. I have been licensed since 1994 and was given the "Basic w/Honors" license when they changed the rules. I have not been active in years but have been thinking of getting back into the hobby in a small way with just 2 meters if that's still a thing. I am in Ottawa by the way.
VA3TFC
Tracy

mrweather

The 11-digit number is the certificate number which would be on OP's original certificate when they were first licensed. Mine begins "1999...." which was the year I got my Basic.

The Amateur Radio Service Centre is in Sault Ste. Marie:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Depends on when he was licenced. My certificate doesn't have a certificate number on it.

VA3TFC

The 11-digit number is the certificate number which would be on OP's original certificate when they were first licensed. Mine begins "1999...." which was the year I got my Basic.

The Amateur Radio Service Centre is in Sault Ste. Marie:

Thanks for the link. I don't have my original certificate anymore. I got my license 26 years ago. I will contact ARSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.