Question for Crawford Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibler

Feed Provider
Can anyone near the Kibler, Arkansas area tell me which digital scanner I would need to purchase to get the city police in this area? Or what frequency they use most! My old analog radio shack scanner won't work! I would like to have the BCD996xt but can't afford this on Social Security. Thanks

kibler

Feed Provider
Can any member give me help on this area frequency or about an affordable scanner for this area? I really don't need all the bells & whistles of the 996xt, but it would be nice! Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
That would be Crawford county! Thanks

Oh duh...lol...I was reading on my phone earlier and didn't pay attention to the title.

Anyway...according to the database on here they use conventional vhf radios. Are you not hearing them anymore? It does say that Crawford Co OEM uses AWIN as well but if it's like here where I am, they may rarely use it. Or for all I know they use it constantly. If so a radio that receives P25 would work.

I know in your original post you say your old vhf doesn't work but according to the database it should. So, either they recently changed and it hasn't been submitted to the RR database yet or the frequencies you're using are just incorrect. Are you using what is listed in the database on here? Just curious...

kibler

Feed Provider
Hey 03msc...I get a lot of the normal kind of traffic (like traffic stop calls) but some of the good stuff must be relayed by there digital radios! I don't know if they use the Trunking system or what! My old scanner is not digital but a few years ago my Pro-2048 would get almost everything. Was also wondering about a good cheaper scanner that would get the digital signals in my area! Thanks alot for your help

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hey 03msc...I get a lot of the normal kind of traffic (like traffic stop calls) but some of the good stuff must be relayed by there digital radios! I don't know if they use the Trunking system or what! My old scanner is not digital but a few years ago my Pro-2048 would get almost everything. Was also wondering about a good cheaper scanner that would get the digital signals in my area! Thanks alot for your help

Hmm. Well, not being in that part of the state to say for sure I'm not sure if they use AWIN much or if they have another system or what.

You said you think you are missing "the good stuff". Do you hear them refer to going to another channel to talk and it's a channel you aren't hearing? If so, what do they refer to it as? I'm just looking for clues to know what to tell you.

kibler

Feed Provider
I am not real sure, they sometime say go to another channel for a disturbance or something and you never here them any more! Also, can't get any Arkansas State police like I used to get and the town of Greenwood in Sebastian must be using new system, I can't get them either. Thanks
I thank you are correct about the AWIN and I most likely will look into an affordable scanner that has this system. Thanks

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I am not real sure, they sometime say go to another channel for a disturbance or something and you never here them any more! Also, can't get any Arkansas State police like I used to get and the town of Greenwood in Sebastian must be using new system, I can't get them either. Thanks
I thank you are correct about the AWIN and I most likely will look into an affordable scanner that has this system. Thanks

Yes, according to the database on here (Link: Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) Sebastian Co and Fort Smith use AWIN. Of course the State Police use the statewide AWIN system as well.

A scanner that receives P25 (Project 25) will pick up the AWIN system. The link above is to the database on here with the AWIN system information - State Police at the top (look up your troop) and then all counties of the state listed further down the page.

kibler

Feed Provider
Thanks 03msc for information and your help! Have a good one

kibler

Feed Provider
Hey 03msc.....I looked at the link and this is the information I was needing, now I need to find a good radio!

poppafred

Kibler,

Don't forget to watch for used radios. I got my Pro197 from a refurbish dealer for Radio Shack at 25% off and my GRE PSR500 at 33% from a listener in Nevada who could not figure out how to use it. Just have your money ready and watch the For Sale section on Radio Reference.

Fred
Charleston

kibler

Feed Provider
Hi poppafred.....Yes I have started watching the classifieds here on RR but the BCD996xt is just a little bit pricy for me! Even if I could afford there used ratio price, I would rather purchase a new radio than pay what they have them listed for! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.