Question for feedback I can hear the North Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I am currently program Uniden BC996XT with Free Scan and my Scanner can only hold 9 total talkgroups. Here is what I have in there & have heard active is Troop A,B,C and Toll Road Ops,DRJTBC, Outside Agencies, EMS & Hospitals NJDOT, Statewide Ops & starting to hear Human Services. Now What I want to know is Should also make another NJSP (North) System and start to program the rest of these talkgroups from this link New Jersey State Police Trunking System, Statewide, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies cause I am starting to hear Active on them? example I heard 27536 Bureau of Criminal Justice Ops 1 and other things that I have not programed in my radio. So can someone give me a little help. Thanks a lot.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Your scanner can hold 20 groups per system, but there are only quick keys available for 0-9 (10 total). If you exceed the initial 10, you just double-up a few to a single group quick key.

If you look at my FreeScan file of the NJSP, you will see that I have some groups doubled-up in the higher group keys, and a few shut down that talk way too much (toll road troopers, Dept. of Corrections, etc).

JimBobTerp

I am sorry that is what i mean quick keys not talkgroups. So I have looked in your file and seen that. Put what do u thing would be a good idea in your mind for me to put together in 1 quick key so i can use up all nine. of them. I was thinking about this one DRJTBC & Toll Road Ops. What other ones would be good for me to do? thanks hope u can help me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.