Question for Lake County listeners of the Safe-T system

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Well, it's been a while since I've had a BCDx36HP-style scanner, but one (a 436HP) will be arriving in the mail tomorrow (well, I guess it would actually be later on today) and to say I'm excited would be an understatement. LOL!! :~)

However, in that time, pretty much everything I learned about programming it via Sentinel has been forgotten. I guess the old adage of "use it or lose it" is true even when it comes to scanner programming.

So I'm sitting here trying to get some favorites lists set up and loaded onto a microSD card so all I'll have to do is pop the card into the scanner, add batteries, do the initial set-up stuff and then be good to go. Sentinel programming is slowly coming back to me via the 'trial & error' method and also with help from the x36HP software edition of Mark's easier-to-read manual.

However, when it comes to specifics for the Safe-T system, which site should I program in for northern Lake County reception? Should I have all sites programmed it, or just the Lake County Simulcast site? When I tried to append the Safe-T system to a favorite list, it "imported" all sites, which I don't think would be very practical.

If I do need just the Lake County Simulcast site frequencies programmed in, is there a quick / easy way to delete (or avoid) the unneeded sites?

Thanks in advance for any help / comments / suggestions provided.

Adam :)

P.S. It will be nice to once again be able to hear what's going on not only in my home town (Hammond), but also county and state wide as well.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Well, I programmed the system with just the Lake County site (I did find a way to quickly delete all the other sites) and so far it seems to be working out okay. Programmed in quite a few departments that I'm interested in and set the scanner to ID Search and I'm picking up quite a few TGs as "wildcard" hits (yes, I know, wrong term for this radio LOL!!).

It's great being able to hear my hometown action once again, along with the rest of Lake county.

:)

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Unless its changed in the last few months, i think the lake co simulcast on safe-t is back up and not used. Not much interesting for lake co listeners on the safe-T.... county pd from lowell is the only one i monitor.

Edit... reread your last post... so lake count simulcast is on safet now?

h00sierdaddy

Unless its changed in the last few months, i think the lake co simulcast on safe-t is back up and not used. Not much interesting for lake co listeners on the safe-T.... county pd from lowell is the only one i monitor.

Edit... reread your last post... so lake count simulcast is on safet now?

All of Lake County (exception of Cedar Lake and Schererville) are on their own TDMA Lake County P25 system. They are not on SAFE-T. At the time of consolidation, when SAFE-T was P16, SAFE-T could not handle the traffic and users of Lake County. So, Lake county built their own. Now SAFE-T has been upgraded to P25, the long term plan is to use it as a backup.

They are just now starting to get troopers on the Lake County system and Lake County police and fire on the SAFE-T system for interoperability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.