Question for MO tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Im not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but does anyone have the tones for monarch fire station 4 in st louis county (chesterfield)? Cant afford a fire tone out scanner. I spent all my $ that i had on a motorola radio. Im not a part of a dept. Just a fire buff is all. Tried calling there and they dont know either.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Are they still on 154.325?

I can try to get it when I'm close, but don't know when it will be.

Do they announce Monarch Station 4 , or just say certain unit numbers when paging (like I heard on most other fire paging channels)

Station 4 (14898 Olive Blvd, Chesterfield, MO 63017)
  • 2242 Quint
  • 2247 Ambulance

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Just got this from home in Glen Carbon

2224 330.5/726.8
2257 330.5/717.4

Listening for others

Hi. Im not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but does anyone have the tones for monarch fire station 4 in st louis county (chesterfield)? Cant afford a fire tone out scanner. I spent all my $ that i had on a motorola radio. Im not a part of a dept. Just a fire buff is all. Tried calling there and they dont know either.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just got this from home in Glen Carbon

2224 330.5/726.8
2257 330.5/717.4

Listening for others

You are on the right track Terry. I started to do this for Monarch quite a while ago but ended up scrapping the project as I had no idea what type many of the apparatus were that were being dispatched. They were simply not listed. That made it hard to determine which fire house in the Monarch district they were toning out. Other than the 22xx prefix, you could not easily tell which house was being toned out for Monarch.
I wish CCE911 would produce an updated apparatus catalog for each district. That would sure make it easier figuring out tone-outs.
It always appeared adding new or removing old apparatus was strictly done on a volunteer basis and nothing CCE911 required each district to keep up to date. I think the last apparatus catalog I saw was dated back in 2015 or 2016.
I'd guess they have something up to date internally.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
The tones are for each apparatus. Terry's note above shows tones for pumper 2224 (house 2) and ambulance 2257(house 5). They do have full house tones or all houses tones for something like severe weather alerts. Example. One set of tones alerts all firehouses for a tornado watch. It would take 10 mins or so to alert each and every apparatus.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The tones are for each apparatus. Terry's note above shows tones for pumper 2224 (house 2) and ambulance 2257(house 5). They do have full house tones or all houses tones for something like severe weather alerts. Example. One set of tones alerts all firehouses for a tornado watch. It would take 10 mins or so to alert each and every apparatus.
How do you know 2224 is a Pumper? It's not listed in the apparatus listing I have for House 2.
Mine jumps from 2220 to 2228, 2224 is not listed for House 2 (or any house within Monarch).

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere I have a paper list that shows the ID'S for the apparatus. I am sure it is online some where. These are the basics for the 4th or last number for the apparatus.

0 - pumper
1 - second pumper in same fire house
2 - ladder truck
3 - tanker
4 - rescue pumper
5 - ladder/pumper (quint)
6 - rescue
7 - ambulance
8 - special apparatus - brush truck - boat?
9 - same as 8 ??

Also if the third number is a 9 it usually is a reserve unit. Example 1397 Fenton reserve ambulance.

There are variances to these numbers. This is the basic numbering system.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Thanks. I spent some time looking for this, but couldn't find it... Kept finding non-standard systems.

Although, it often seems on the pages, the EMS unit number doesn't match the fire unit responding (according to the station #)

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
There are many reasons that an amb responds to a call with apparatus from a different station. Example...(very simple version)

Amb 1 is on a call. Another call received in amb 1's area. So a fire unit from house 1 responds to the next call with an amb from house 3. There are many other reasons the response may be mixed units.

bdzig

Premium Subscriber
Monarch FPD is dispatched on Central Fire Dispatch (154.220). The tones are by house, not apparatus, and are as follows:

Group (First Alarms) 433.7 553.9
House 1 330.5 584.8
House 2 330.5 617.4
House 3 330.5 651.9
House 4 330.5 688.3
House 5 330.5 726.8
Officer Call 330.5 903.2
2202 (Duty Officer) 433.7 617.4

Apparatus Numbering

Most St. Louis, Jefferson, Franklin, & St. Charles county fire protection districts use this current 4-digit code system to identify trucks. This system was developed to integrate fire services throughout the region, permitting smoother responses across dispatch boundaries. Some private & support agencies are also included in this regional plan.

First Two Digits - Agency Identity Code
Third Digit - Station or House of Origin
Fourth Digit - Truck Type

Third Digit Types:

0 -
Administration
1-8 - Station Number
9 - Reserve or Specialized Equipment

Fourth Digit Types

Fire Truck Types

Code

Administration Vehicle

Pumper

Fire Chief

Pumper

Asst. Chief

Pumper/Aerial

Duty Officer

Tanker or Pumper/Tanker

Batallion/Shift Chief

Rescue Pumper

Batallion/Shift Chief

Combination Truck (Pumper/Tanker/Rescue, Aerial/Pumper/Rescue, etc)

Batallion/Shift Chief

Rescue Truck

Fire Marshal

Ambulance

Chief Medical/EMS Officer

Brush Unit

Other Administration

Misc. Vehicle

Other Administration

Boats are typically identified with "69", although not always.
Air Cascades/ Supplies are typically identified with "89" or "49".
Ambulance districts use numbers in pos. 3 in ascending order to indicate unit #s, than house #s, when mulitple units run out of the same house.
Reserve units are only used when they are needed and will assume the identity of the equipment it is replacing; unless it is used in addition to the equipment.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Well thanks everyone for your help and replies. I traded in my ht1250 for an xts3000 vhf. Does anyone know central dispatch digital nac code and responding south main frequency? Let me know please. Thanks

ltginrage

Somewhere I have a paper list that shows the ID'S for the apparatus. I am sure it is online some where. These are the basics for the 4th or last number for the apparatus.

0 - pumper
1 - second pumper in same fire house
2 - ladder truck
3 - tanker
4 - rescue pumper
5 - ladder/pumper (quint)
6 - rescue
7 - ambulance
8 - special apparatus - brush truck - boat?
9 - same as 8 ??

Also if the third number is a 9 it usually is a reserve unit. Example 1397 Fenton reserve ambulance.

There are variances to these numbers. This is the basic numbering system.
Monarch FPD is dispatched on Central Fire Dispatch (154.220). The tones are by house, not apparatus, and are as follows:

Group (First Alarms) 433.7 553.9
House 1 330.5 584.8
House 2 330.5 617.4
House 3 330.5 651.9
House 4 330.5 688.3
House 5 330.5 726.8
Officer Call 330.5 903.2
2202 (Duty Officer) 433.7 617.4

Apparatus Numbering

Most St. Louis, Jefferson, Franklin, & St. Charles county fire protection districts use this current 4-digit code system to identify trucks. This system was developed to integrate fire services throughout the region, permitting smoother responses across dispatch boundaries. Some private & support agencies are also included in this regional plan.

First Two Digits - Agency Identity Code
Third Digit - Station or House of Origin
Fourth Digit - Truck Type

Third Digit Types:

0 -
Administration
1-8 - Station Number
9 - Reserve or Specialized Equipment

Fourth Digit Types

Fire Truck Types
Code
Administration Vehicle

Pumper
Fire Chief
Pumper
Asst. Chief
Pumper/Aerial
Duty Officer
Tanker or Pumper/Tanker
Batallion/Shift Chief
Rescue Pumper
Batallion/Shift Chief
Combination Truck (Pumper/Tanker/Rescue, Aerial/Pumper/Rescue, etc)
Batallion/Shift Chief
Rescue Truck
Fire Marshal
Ambulance
Chief Medical/EMS Officer
Brush Unit
Other Administration
Misc. Vehicle
Other Administration​
Boats are typically identified with "69", although not always.
Air Cascades/ Supplies are typically identified with "89" or "49".
Ambulance districts use numbers in pos. 3 in ascending order to indicate unit #s, than house #s, when mulitple units run out of the same house.
Reserve units are only used when they are needed and will assume the identity of the equipment it is replacing; unless it is used in addition to the equipment.

This is correct. Below is the agency numbers (First 2 digits)
1625527059735.png

bdzig

Premium Subscriber
Monarch Fire : V CENTRAL DISP - 154.220 (PL 114.8). No P25 NAC.
Maryland Heights: V NORTH DISP - 154.325 (PL 210.7). No P25 NAC.

The VHF frequencies are only used for tone-outs (pagers and station alerting). The VHF fire mains are no longer used. In order to listen to South Main, you will need to get an 800MHz P25 trunking scanner or radio.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Monarch Fire : V CENTRAL DISP - 154.220 (PL 114.8). No P25 NAC.
Maryland Heights: V NORTH DISP - 154.325 (PL 210.7). No P25 NAC.

The VHF frequencies are only used for tone-outs (pagers and station alerting). The VHF fire mains are no longer used. In order to listen to South Main, you will need to get an 800MHz P25 trunking scanner or radio.

Ok thanks.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
If anyone has time, please feel free to add some of this information to the wiki page for the county. If it is already available online somewhere else, a link can be placed in the wiki.

Thanks everyone for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.