Question for Radio Shack 96 and 2096 owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

monte94

Premium Subscriber
So here is the scenario: You hear something (like a car chase) on your Radio Shack 2096 or Radio Shack 96 that you want to continue to monitor. The channel happens to be an “old style” VHF channel, you can simply push the “manual” button to hold that channel and you can continue to monitor, life is good.

What I don’t understand is how to do the equivalent of that with an ARMER talk group. If I hit my “manual” button, I lock in the channel, NOT the talk group that I want to continue to monitor. Does anybody know how I could do the equivalent? Essentially I want to lock in a specific talk group and listen exclusively to that one and only talk group.

What I have done is to turn all of my banks off that are not in the same control and alternate channels. (I have my banks set up by county for the most part). This kind of achieves the same thing but I also have many other talk groups that will still be scanning.

Does anybody know if what I am wanting to do is even possible or is shutting down my other banks the only option with the ARMER system?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does it have a "pause" button like the pro 97?

edit.....

Yes, it does. Press pause and it should hold on whatever TG you are listening to.

Last edited:

monte94

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Grog-

I was experimenting and discovered the pause button did in fact do what I was looking for. I realized this right after I posted the message, thanks again.

daedalus

I don't know what an ARMER talk group is but I generally just push "Trunk" on my 2096, the screen shows "ID HOLD" and it locks on the talkgroup. That is on a Motorola II system.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I don't know what an ARMER talk group is but I generally just push "Trunk" on my 2096, the screen shows "ID HOLD" and it locks on the talkgroup. That is on a Motorola II system.

Ditto. Pressing "Trunk" will allow you to follow that specific talkgroup on Moto/EDACS trunking systems...

Last edited:
A

alien55

Greetings Earth friends, just a week ago, I turned on my Radio Shack Pro-96, It has the ' Scan lite software, anyway, I hear ' screaming, and I mean blood curdling, screaming, the scanner screen had on it, ' MPPD 1' I knew right away what this was, I pushed pause on the keypad, and in seconds on the Minneapolis Police, precient 2 out of downtown Minneapolis, a officer came on and said in a very shakey voice, ' Dispatch, I need three ambulances code 3, three shot, one critical, man! for over a hour, i had my Pro 96 on that ID, this shoting happpened at 2:59 in the am. But many times when a big call comes out, I stay with it as long as I can my mind works like a scanner now, I get address's, what has happened, what needs to be done, and above all WAIT-WAIT, ' FOR THE WORDS,' TAKE THIS TO TAC 3' hang on get ready to press ' the PAUSE button', I can hear, State Patrol Chopper 7, I hear the Hennepin County Sheriffs Department crime lab, and all others involved, its none stop action, and for the last month, things in Minneapolis, are getting a little nutz, I have been a scanner hobbiest for over 10 years, and this Digital thing, I have never heard so much, Anoka County is the same, Columbia Hights is live none stop action. So next time, you hear a Police officer scream in the radio, get your finger to hit pause, then wait, for the action to go to ' Tac 3 or Minsef! the thing about this, is this si a real, I people who don't know anything about scanning and I let them listen, on a stabbing in North Minneapolis, they look at me with there jaws on the ground, and the next thing they do is say, ' is this real ! OH YES, YES IT IS VERY REAL just press PAUSE, all of you who listen, take care Peace and Health to all, God Bless All the Firefigheters, Police, and everybody that puts there life on the line every day so I can listen, and press PAUSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.