Question for those that monitor PWC and FFX w/ BCD386T

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNVA

Hey gang, just took delivery of my new BCD396T. Neat little scanner but I'd be lying if I said I'm not somewhat disappointed with the audio quality compared to my 250D. I'm hoping this is something that I have set wrong and was wondering if you guys with a 396 and monitoring Prince William and Fairfax Counties are using AGC or not. I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the setting being on or off. I've not yet tried to adjust the settings for AGC.

I'm using the latest firmware and have tried my RS 800mhz antenna, a 800mhz mag mount cell antenna and a pre-amped scantenna.

I played around a bit with the P25 settings as per page 102 of the manual to little to no effect, I'm currently using the setting 7 Auto.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
David

DavidNVA

I stumbled across this link - http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/P25_audio_decode_level_adjustment_(BCD396T) and played around a bit more with the P25 settings, ended up with a setting of 10 Auto for PWC and it sounds much better. Nothing like analog, but better than I started with. Will mess with the Manual modes now that I have a good baseline.

So I guess my only remaining question is does PWC and FFX have AGC enabled on their system or should I turn it on for best results?

Thanks!

-David

Status
Not open for further replies.