WS1080: Question for Whistler Wendy - Can you route this to Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
To Whistler Wendy,
Can you see if you can route this question to a Whistler Support Engineer? As you can see, I'm not having good luck with your email support.

Thank You,
Scott
--------------------------------
To: "whistler-group myshopify com" <whistler-group.myshopify.com@crm.mg.aheadworks.com>
Cc: (Removed)
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:49:18 AM
Subject: Re: Technical Question: Can 2 Whistler 1080 Scanners operate on 1 Windows 7 64-bit PC System?

Question: Technical Question: Can 2 Whistler 1080 Scanners operate on 1 Windows 7 64-bit PC System?

Hello Whistler Support,
Your response below seems to contradict itself. At first you say "no" to my question, (in the subject line of this email), but then you end by saying just one driver for any number of 1080/1088 attached to one PC. I have not been able to get the second 1080 to be recognized in Device Manager at all. It shows up as "unknown device" on any secondary USB port of the same PC. I don't need EZ-Scan to recognize two attached 1080, but would like 2 - USB com ports and SD drives to show. Can it be done?

Thank you,
Scott
-----------------------------------
On May 30, 2017, at 9:54 AM, Whistler Customer Service <support@whistlergroup.com> wrote:

HI,

No as it will cause a conflict with the EZScan software. You only need 1 driver installed for any number of 1080/88 that are connected to your PC.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Yep, you have it right.

Maybe you can have any number of them but you can only connect them one at a time??

Yep, you have it right. John from Whistler Scanner Support wrote back and clarified. Any number of same model 1080, but only one connected to any one PC at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.