question from another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianed01

Hello. I just bought a new Bearcat BC796D (to replace an older type scanner I had). I am trying to program it and the question I have is ; Do I have to use up all the channels in a bank before starting a new bank? Or can I program certain frequencies in say bank 1 and other type frequencies in bank 2 or 3. I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the first bank. Other than that everything else seems pretty easy (so far). Hope this isn't too silly of a question. Thank you. I appreciate any help.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
if ur using a computer program u should be able to copy and post the list off here of the channels u want then it will assign the banks by its self

btritch

Premium Subscriber
and no, You don't have to use up all the channels, Just make sure you have the ones you don't use Locked out, this is usually done automatically.

landonjensen

Hello. I just bought a new Bearcat BC796D (to replace an older type scanner I had). I am trying to program it and the question I have is ; Do I have to use up all the channels in a bank before starting a new bank? Or can I program certain frequencies in say bank 1 and other type frequencies in bank 2 or 3. I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the first bank. Other than that everything else seems pretty easy (so far). Hope this isn't too silly of a question. Thank you. I appreciate any help.
No you don't have to use all the channels. I do this myself and it works quite well...

You MIGHT get more responses if you ask in the Uniden Forum sir. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.