Question from Newbie - Orange County Fire MetroNet districts

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalmitch

Been a radio listener for many-many years. Switched to online sites since things became trunked years ago as I didn't have the equipment to follow those.

I'm not sure if this is the correct page, forum or even site, but I'm hoping I could get my question answered.

I've been searching off and on for quite some time to try and find a map of the districts the MetroNet quotes when dispatching fire departments to a scene. I've failed every time I've tried to find something.

Can anybody point me to a site where I can get these maps? Or if not readily available online, perhaps somebody has them they can share?

I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thank you.

Mitch

mdfillipp

Database Admin
The 'districts' are at-least loosely based on the grid by which the county was originally surveyed, and thus follows the street grid you'll find consistently in cities like Anaheim, Garden Grove, etc. Each district should be roughly 1/4 sq mile in size. The first 2 digits run north/south, second two east/west.

For example: part of the Disneyland Resort is in district 1924. This basically means the district is roughly 19 half-miles south of the northern most part of the county, and roughly 24 half-miles east of the western most part.

There are some variations on this, though.

As for the actual maps themselves, you might have to file a PRA request and pay per page for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.