question on 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

Hi all,
While I have been using scanners for over 30 years now I am confused with the Uniden 536HP.. Say I am scanning and then use menu function how do I return to scanning? Also, if I temporarily avoid national weather service and then shut the scanner off every time I turn it on I have to avoid weather channels again.
Also, how do you know if the GPS is working? To me the manual on this radio is the wort I have ever seen and is really no help.

thanks and 73'2

kevin

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Press the Menu button to return to scanning. You may have to press it more than once depending on how deep you are in the menu levels. This is how I do it. Maybe there is a simple way to go back to scanning when you are in the menu, that I am not aware.

Temporarily avoiding channels or services is... temporarily. They will be back On after you turn off your scanner and your turn it back on. You need to select Permanent Avoid. On a channel, you press Avoid twice for Permanent Avoid.

kb2kmm

You can hit the Avoid button no matter where you are in the menus & it will return to scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.