Question on Alameda County, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know if Alameda County, CA has gone P25 yet? There is a note on the Alameda County system page here which states that Motorola has begun the first phase of installation of a P25 Radio Network for the East Bay Area, but that's from 2006 with no further updates. I did read there is a new Oakland system coming up (if it isn't already) but this doesn't include Alameda County (specifically, City of Alameda).

Point is... I'd like to know if I can scan this system with, say, a RS Pro-97, or am I going to need more radio...??

Thanks.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
There have been a couple good threads on the topic in this forum. This one for example: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121136

You're fine for right now. I would expect to see changes mid next year. But, things won't severely change for at least a year or more. Typically the good stuff doesn't transition to a new system until it's been fully tested (by like public works, etc).

Big_Ears

Alameda County is still operating on the Smartzone II systems. I havn't monitored Oakland PD for quite a while, but I'll turn that bank on and let you know what's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.