Question on BC590XLT Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANE4109

I bought this thing at a garage sale on my street for $15 and it was all there. I found a manual online that was enough to get me going programming it and that leaves just one thing: the backlight bulb is burned out on the LCD panel. I have already had the bottom off and see how the bulb pulls out of the holder, two wired to desolder and remove.... but where do you get a bulb like that?

Parts info is not particularly easy to find.....but I'm having fun with this. I have considered doing some rework and adding a small LED through a small grommet but, if I kind find the right part, I'd rather give that a chance first.

Can anyone tell me what kind of a part number to look for and where I might find it?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Bob Ruth
Deer Park, TX

paramour

Display Light

I have the same problem with the light. you said you found something that will work? What was the outcome and what part did you find that will work?

Thanks George

paramour

BC 590XLT Display light

I installed the 12v. 25 mA bulb and it seems quite dim. Im going to bump it up a little and see how it does

novascotian

Wondering if you still have this scanner? I have one but would very much like to get another one, as the one I have is very good for aero reception.. Looking for one for sale reasonably priced.....

Status
Not open for further replies.