BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Question on DMR/MOTOTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

I'm not seeing anyplace where this has been covered, and a Google search has turned up squat. There is a MOTOTRBO system locally that belongs to my local school district. I would like to program it in my scanner, but I haven't the slightest clue on how to do that. TRBO is a new kind of animal to me. I do not have any access to any kind of SDR. This is the system I am programming: WPJJ843 (UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT # 308) FCC Callsign Details I need to know how to do this. I have applied the DMR and Provoice upgrades as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ab5r

You are going to have to identify what scanner you have. No all scanners are capable of receiving DMR/MOTO etc.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
With my 996p2 and a local Cap+ MotoTRBO I've found it best to have it in ID SEARCH mode for that group.

Redneck0410

Ok, I'll try that.

How would I need to program it? I've searched all the frequencies but the only activity I hear is very short data bursts on one frequency. Like I said, this is a very different concept for me.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
First off, Freescan won't do TRBO/DMR.. I use ARCxt, but am trying out Proscan and am quickly changing teams...

The attached pics show my TRBO setup in ARCxt

Attachments

• chrytrbo1.jpg
    chrytrbo1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 308
  • chrytrbo2.jpg
    chrytrbo2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 301
  • chrytrbo3.jpg
    chrytrbo3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 213
Status