BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Question on Favorites and relation to the Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to wrap my head around how this all works, so to keep it simple, I'm speaking of Sentinel.

Let's say that I create a favorite from the database of my local PD and it consists of one department, with one system, and one frequency of 155.5000, and it's an older analog system.

2 months down the road, the local PD updates their radio system to P25, and the info is updated in the master database.

When I update the database, will it update the info in my favorites?
If the channel is removed from the master database, will the favorite no longer have anything to reference, and therefor no longer scan that channel, or will it keep a bank of info separate from the master DB that can and will only be updated manually by me?

There are several local departments around here that I'm changing around the descriptions and channel names due to either what I know to be errors or to group them more logically, and wondering if I need to occasionally check to see if RR has changed anything for my area rather than depending on it to update things automatically.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Diligence

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this all works, so to keep it simple, I'm speaking of Sentinel.

Let's say that I create a favorite from the database of my local PD and it consists of one department, with one system, and one frequency of 155.5000, and it's an older analog system.

2 months down the road, the local PD updates their radio system to P25, and the info is updated in the master database.

When I update the database, will it update the info in my favorites?
If the channel is removed from the master database, will the favorite no longer have anything to reference, and therefor no longer scan that channel, or will it keep a bank of info separate from the master DB that can and will only be updated manually by me?

There are several local departments around here that I'm changing around the descriptions and channel names due to either what I know to be errors or to group them more logically, and wondering if I need to occasionally check to see if RR has changed anything for my area rather than depending on it to update things automatically.

From what I understand, you can force a re-write of the entire DB. However, I would certainly update beforehand. The Favorites are taken from the Uniden DB. Hence, if the system or talk groups change, you either have to modify the existing system or completely redo it. This is why I make tables for larger statewide systems.

Here is how you can be prompted to look. At the top of every DB page, there is a icon that says, "watch." If you click this and add it to your home page, it will change color to green and then a lighter tan once changes have been made. This is a visual prompt to go in and change things.

rwier

" ... When I update the database, will it update the info in my favorites? No

" ... If the channel is removed from the master database ..." Your scanner will continue to try and monitor the old analogue frequency.

" ...depending on it to update things automatically.
No automatic updates of/to your FLs.

In your scenario (single analogue channel updates to a P25 System), delete your one channel FL, create a new FL, APPEND the new P25 System to the new FL. Using the "Edit Favorites List" option in Sentinel, make any of multiple possible changes to your new FL as desired. Send to the scanner, using the "Delete existing FLs" option to make the contents of the scanner reflect the current state of the Sentinel software.

marksmith

Last post is correct. Updates to the full database have NO EFFECT on your favorites lists.

Your descriptions, and details in your favorites lists only change if you change them. So each of the modifications you name would need to be made by you to the favorites lists.

Following RRDB online will highlight green and yellow changes that happened in the last week or so, or you can just review details there.

Delays, description, alerts, or anything you do in a favorites list will stay until you change it.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.