Question on getting scanner repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
So I heard that Uniden now repairs other brands scanners. I'm going to send in my Pro-106 for repair. I have a couple questions that the uniden website did not make clear. First, I am writing a check, but it does not state who to make the checks out to, anyone know. Second, do i need to include my antenna, because I was going to lend the stock antenna to a friend, and the antenna I regularly used with it does not fit in the box i currently have. Thanks for any help!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I heard that Uniden now repairs other brands scanners. I'm going to send in my Pro-106 for repair. I have a couple questions that the uniden website did not make clear. First, I am writing a check, but it does not state who to make the checks out to, anyone know. Second, do i need to include my antenna, because I was going to lend the stock antenna to a friend, and the antenna I regularly used with it does not fit in the box i currently have. Thanks for any help!
Typically, Uniden does not want any accessories or 'detachable' parts when a unit is sent in for repair. Besides antennas, that would also include ac adapters.

Another possible repair vendor would be G & G. I have not used them, but there's been a lot of positive comments about that company from those that have.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Take out batteries...Take off battery cover and do not send the original box it came in. you wont get it back. Leave the knobs on. Send nothing else

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I've tried to contact Uniden so I can find out who the check needs to be made out to, and verify some other things, but when I call them I am just on hold for a long time, tried to call 3 different times, on different days and times.

Status
Not open for further replies.