Question on GRE500-Motorola Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Since the upgrade to 1.2 i notice a loss of the first "word" on Motorola Type11 analog trunking on my 500 on all systems, when this was apparent on the Edacs Wide system changing the "Endtone-Edacs from 10 to 80 worked perfect...I read in the recent upgrade GRE changed the default "EndtoneMot" value from "250 to "80, mine still says "250"..I tried changing it to "300" but the radio just "beeps at me when pressing "enter" and the top info line says "end decimal key", i could not get anywhere so i "cancelled the change...Does anyone have this problem and if so what and how did you change the Mot-Endtone...Thank You

DonS

The "endtone" values should have no effect on missing the beginning of any trunked transmissions. They're used to detect the end of Mot and EDACS voice transmissions.

If you're missing the first part of an analog Mot transmission, you may want to decrease the FUNC+GLOB value "DG Int Prime". If you monitor any digital Mot (i.e. "P25 TSYS") systems, though, don't decrease it too far or you'll start hearing the digital "braaap".

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You Don, i just read that also on the GRE web site and may try dropping from "default" =60 (600) to 50, they say nothing below 20 (200 milsec)...Its wierd because increasing the "Edacs endTone" from "10" to "80" actually STOPPED the clipping and flickering of my Will Co ILL Edacs 6 channel Wide Trunk System!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.