Question on I-Call Display P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I was listening to an I-Call on a digital P25 system, on the right hand side of the display it was alternating (SCR) and (DST) I know that SCR means Screen, but for the life of me cannot find anywhere what DST means.The scanner is in ID Search mode if that helps. Anyone know? Thanks

box23

I was listening to an I-Call on a digital P25 system, on the right hand side of the display it was alternating (SCR) and (DST) I know that SCR means Screen, but for the life of me cannot find anywhere what DST means.The scanner is in ID Search mode if that helps. Anyone know? Thanks

Source and Destination IDs.

When it says SRC the uid displayed is the unit that is sourcing the individual call. When it says DST that is the uid of the unit receiving the individual call.

box23

Thank you for that info! I could not find ANY info on that!

Your welcome. I don't remember if that is in any of the manuals or not.

One thing that I find annoying is having that line alternate like that. If you change to display mode 3 it will show talkgroup on that line with the radio ID's on the line below.

I don't remember right off hand since I don't see a lot of individual calls, but I believe in display mode 3 it will show as i[source id]->i[dest id] on that 3rd line. Same information but you can see more of it at once and easier to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.